West Fork road open - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-09-2006   #1

West Fork road open

WFSJ access road is open per the Pagosa district. Not updated on their site yet.

Needs 250 at the bridge. Probably more in there now, come,n,get it.

Steve.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006   #2

round two this weekend?
Chad D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #3

I'm game.

Steve, are you hitting it this weekend? Let me know if you'd be willing to meet up.
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006   #4

My kids & I will be doing the 4th descent of Miller Creek with foamies, have fun though.

If you hike up put-in at the big-ass bridge, don't hike to the Spring. the only thing up there is one marginal 20'er blocked by a log, unless you bring some mutant beavers.

Steve.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller
Old 05-09-2006   #5

Cutch,

At least two of us will be heading down Sat/Sun. On the trip with steve last year we hiked ~5 miles to the springs and overnighted it....not worth it. Only class III-IV until you hit the bridge and major portaging around huge avalanche log piles. The 20' is a no go. The bridge is ~ 2 miles and the best stuff is below that. PM me if you want to hook up but you really dont need a guide. We were fine with Jared's beta last year but if you have gotten beta from Jared before you know that aint saying much, hehe.

Chad

JJ Thanks for the extra three miles bro! I still owe you....
Chad D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #6

Jared's Beta:

"Yeah...um, it was all pretty good to go. It had some good sections, ya know. It was fun. You'll have a good time."

I know what you mean. I'll send you a message when I know our plans better. Thanks for the beta.
Old 05-09-2006   #7

Yeah, good to go for JJ... we found what was left of his blount.
Old 05-09-2006   #8
shaggstyle

my first time down vallecito it was just me and jj , with approaching dusk all he said to me was "stay 15 feet off my stern, everything's good to go" as he proceeded to peel out and haul ass down. sick fun

wish i was there to hit the WF up, never got there.
looks like it will be a green river summer, trying to do some jedi training.

cheers,
chris

p.s. what up steve, hope all's well in co.
Old 05-09-2006   #9

Chris,

It's good to hear from you bro! I was paddling with Little Jared the other day, and it sounds like you guys had some good times. Wish you were still in Forest Lakes. Baker's has been sweet so far this year.

Take care,

Fullmer
B.I.G.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #10
shaggstyle

fullmer,
what's up bro? hows the fam's? all's well here, fam's doing good. really wish i could come back out this summer and run some shit, been training all winter, but it dosn't look like it's gonna happen; bummer. it is nice to be around some other c-1er's runnin' the shit, though.

yeah, me and j-rad had a pretty good time out here last fall. been getting out with billy, arron and drew a good bit, didn't even hardly have to find a new crew,at one point in time there was 5 of us durango boys out here this winter. if you or any other of my bro's want to come out to n.c. ya'll got a place to stay for as long as you need, 30-45min's to most of the good shit, 4hrs to the gaulley. get my# from j-rad leon if needed.

cheers,
chris