West Fork Clear Creek on Friday - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-31-2005   #1

Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
West Fork Clear Creek on Friday

I havent run this section yet, but I would like too. Is anyone going up friday afternoon that I could join? Im a confident IV-V(-) boater. \

Thanks,
Josh

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005   #2

West Fork Pics

Josh, We just ran West Fork on Saturday (hadn't run it since last season). It was running at 200cfs and we had a fun/carnage free run. It is continuous, steep and has a lot of quick-twitch read-and-run moves in it. I would say it's a half step up from SSV because of the continuous and contstrained rapids. If this is your first time, be sure to scout all major rapids. Particularly, be sure you scout Gun Shot rapid as it has some serious wood lodged just below the entrance (currently a mandatory portage). It comes up on you very quickly so have your portage eddie marked.

Anyone with a saw and rope who lives up that way would make some great friends in the boating community if they took an evening to clean it out (probably less than 2 hours work).

I am a weekend worrior so weekdays don't work for that run (ssv is my after work run).

Here are some great pics my buddy took from the weekend:
http://www.pbase.com/richadams/creek_boatin
shawnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #3

Filmmaker, Colorado
Personally, I like the "paddle ejection" sequence from the top slot move. classic.
brandf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2005   #4

Paddle Eject

Frank, you and I just ran boulder creek last week (Shawn). The paddle drop while in the slot while still staying upright move by Mitch was impressive We should boat again soon.
shawnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #5

West Fork Wood Clearing

RE:Anyone with a saw and rope who lives up that way would make some great friends in the boating community if they took an evening to clean it out (probably less than 2 hours work).

I live in Georgetown but dont boat Class IV-V yet! I own a Cafe/Pizzeria in Georgetown and cant get out much but would be willing to help clear out the would and help the growing paddling community up here & meet some new people! I could video/ photo / Man throw ropes after the cleaning session!!!! If interested contact me to set up a day & time!?

What time are people going up on Friday (today)?
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote