"West By God Virginia" Road Trip Revised... - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-20-2008   #1

Breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
"West By God Virginia" Road Trip Revised...

So heres my deal I am 50/50 about flying or driving out there as I am also coordinating some business in Topeka KS and in Charlotte NC during the week of September 9th Through the 12th... Bottom line if I drive I will be taking my 4x4 School bus which will have room for at least 2-3 maybe 4 people and myself...and gear depending on if I have the custom made Safari rack on the roof yet or not...

Whoever would drive with me would have to realize there will be a pit stop in Topeka on Monday of that week and then probably driving straight to the Charleston airport in WVA by Tueday AM(about 1 hour from the Gauley ) then one of the travel mates would have to drive the bus back to the Gauley and I'd meet up with you in two days. (traveling back from Charlotte with a friend from VA to do some boating)
Yeehawwwwwwwwwwwww!

If I drive I will be staying out there for at least a few weeks, maybe more so you need to know that ahead of time.

If I fly, I am looking for someone to haul my Puma Air (about 4' x 30" when its bundled up as it has the foam floor in it. eoghs about 50 lbs and can easily be cam straped to a rack or other boats) a few paddles and gear bags out and deliver them to my friend who works at Ace Rafting company in Beckley WVA about 30 mins from the put in on the Upper...

I am willing to pay a fair amount to get my boat out there, and vice versa if I drive I expect everyone to pull and pay for there own weight... am also willing to haul some extra gear and deliver it by the 11th or so to somewhere in the proximaty of Fayetreville as long as I have the rack on by then.

I am a 40 year old guy liberal/open minded 420 Friendly a very youthful 40 but not looking for or willing to put up with "Drama Queens" as we will be sharing the space of the bus for 2-4 days, I need the piece of mind everyone invited on this adventure is chill and level headed... so we would probably meet up for a beer and discuss the details ahead of time just to make sure we all gel.

If your interested shoot me an email here or call me @ 720-352-3803

Later,

Chris

veeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2008   #2

I may be able to take your gear if you fly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeee View Post
So heres my deal I am 50/50 about flying or driving out there as I am also coordinating some business in Topeka KS and in Charlotte NC during the week of September 9th Through the 12th... Bottom line if I drive I will be taking my 4x4 School bus which will have room for at least 2-3 maybe 4 people and myself...and gear depending on if I have the custom made Safari rack on the roof yet or not...

Whoever would drive with me would have to realize there will be a pit stop in Topeka on Monday of that week and then probably driving straight to the Charleston airport in WVA by Tueday AM(about 1 hour from the Gauley ) then one of the travel mates would have to drive the bus back to the Gauley and I'd meet up with you in two days. (traveling back from Charlotte with a friend from VA to do some boating)
Yeehawwwwwwwwwwwww!

If I drive I will be staying out there for at least a few weeks, maybe more so you need to know that ahead of time.

If I fly, I am looking for someone to haul my Puma Air (about 4' x 30" when its bundled up as it has the foam floor in it. eoghs about 50 lbs and can easily be cam straped to a rack or other boats) a few paddles and gear bags out and deliver them to my friend who works at Ace Rafting company in Beckley WVA about 30 mins from the put in on the Upper...

I am willing to pay a fair amount to get my boat out there, and vice versa if I drive I expect everyone to pull and pay for there own weight... am also willing to haul some extra gear and deliver it by the 11th or so to somewhere in the proximaty of Fayetreville as long as I have the rack on by then.

I am a 40 year old guy liberal/open minded 420 Friendly a very youthful 40 but not looking for or willing to put up with "Drama Queens" as we will be sharing the space of the bus for 2-4 days, I need the piece of mind everyone invited on this adventure is chill and level headed... so we would probably meet up for a beer and discuss the details ahead of time just to make sure we all gel.

If your interested shoot me an email here or call me @ 720-352-3803

Later,

Chris
ballbuster is offline   Reply With Quote