Mountain Buzz banner

We need one more person for Mexico kayaking venture

Tags
kayaking
2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  El Flaco 
#1 ·
Heading to Valles and Vera Cruz Dec 22nd till Jan 6th.(leaving from SF, NM) & (Salida, CO). Since some of our dear friends bailed out due to sore Foo Foo's, we have space for a (1) kayaker in the van heading south. We are a mellow crew, hitting all the classics and hopefully some new stuff. This is an ego-less trip, it is about having fun on and off the rivers (drinking cheap beer, driving at night, getting lost, enjoying Felix Navidad, Pepto bismo before each meal, plans meant to be broken, new plans, flat tires, waterfalls, overnighters, planned or unplanned, night time micos missions, flat chicken dinners, aux ipod stereo for impromptu dance sessions, full military roadblocks manned by 15 yr old machine gun toting testosterone filled short males, palm trees, tequila, pescado, tacos, cheap cervaza, TOPOS, WHITEWATER, gradient, coffee (good coffee, every am), tomatoes, avacados, garlic, olive oil, pig roasts, photography, WHITEWATER, beer, conversations, arguments, map learning, compass discussions, WHITEWATER, occasional shower, some Texans, calamari, blog updates (without the Texans), Waterfalls every day, coolers with ice, beef jerky, slim jims, tofu scrambler, more coffee. All this brought about, by hopping in the van, down by the river. ATOM.

ps, we really do need a 4th person

#3 ·
Damn. I was excited when I read the title but bummed when I read the dates. I'll be busy during that time but I may be up for the 15 through 23rd of December. Thinking Micos, Salto, Santa Maria. I just need one competent boater to split driving and gas in Mexico. Any room on Count's trip?

#5 ·
Deepstroke-contact me. Message, post, e-mail, phone, anything works. We're leaving tomorrow morning (Thursday) and driving back through New Mexico with a 2 night stop along the way. We'll be getting back on the 24th. We've probably still got room for an extra if you (or anyone) want in.

COUNT
countrodeoboy@cs.com

#8 ·
ha ha funny guys

Josh,

I already picked up: 1) my water wings and 2) an extra sterile bootie to appease the river gods and mitigate any additional opportunities for intestinal interferences with paddling.

As I will be done with them in time for your CR trip, I am more than willing to have "the Kit" sent to you via air mail to your first destination. Send me the address and I will kindly cover the postage. Consider it a Christmas gift. :lol:

It is only fair if you too take a videographer as it is already certain Atom will document all my Queen Carnage moments. :oops:

Safe trip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.