***WARNING*** - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-20-2006   #1

In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
***WARNING***

For those of you who may be interested in buying a waterproof helmet camera, you may have considered the ones offered on www.bulletcam.com. I have had my order in for a month and a half now, as well as having PAID IN FULL for my system, and still have yet to get it in the mail, get any info that it has been shipped, etc. I have called like 40 times and e-mailed them like 25 and they do not return phone-calls or e-mails. They have absolutely terrible customer service. I can understand if it's a small business with limited workers (which I'm sure it is) and they need extra time to build the thing or something along those lines, but if that is the case all they have to do is LET ME KNOW!!!!! I have filed a complaint with the Better Bureau of Business in their state and I am now intending to spread the word NOT to buy their products, untill they either refund my money or send me a helmet camera, which I think should be sent for a discounted price at this point. Has anyone else out there had any dealings with these guys??? Did you encounter similar problems??? Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Zach

kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2006   #2

Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
cancel your credit card payment, or dispute it, then order your helmet cam from: www.helmetcamera.com

these guys are the best - not only did they ship it that day, but the camera captures excellent images. i've purchased two different set-ups from them, additionally, they retro-fitted some longer waterproof cables for me. remote control, lexal waterproof box, and microphone are all quality.

let me know if you have further questions.

matt
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #3

Thanks a lot for the input Matt. I'll do that for sure!

--Zach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2006   #4

Which model would you say is the most likely be a good economical yet functional version for kayaking use, especially creek-boating...but also for rafting, and playboating..?

--Zach
Old 04-20-2006   #5

Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
i got the full kits. i think it was either the xtreme or the xtreme plus kit (camera, alum housing, remote, mic, box, and mount). give them a call, they are super nice and really easy going.

good luck.

matt
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I just got a waterproof helmet cam system, but I put it together separately. I found a Viospot H2O cam on sale for $200 on (of all places) a motorcycle supply website, bought a used camcorder on ebay for $150 and bought a pelican case. The whole setup was less than $400. The only thing I have left to do is drill holes in the Pelican case and seal the cable housing.

Might be taking it for a test drive on Bailey / Escalante this weekend.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote