Wanted: Your cracked/broken Jefe Grande - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-01-2009   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Wanted: Your cracked/broken Jefe Grande

If you are like me, you may have several creekboats in various stages of destruction strewn around the garage. If you have a destroyed Jefe Grande you are willing to part with... I want it. I'll drop you some cash, beer, or weld up another boat for you in exchange. I'm in Denver, but willing to come pick it up from you.

This season I switched from the nomad to the grande, and I need grande welding stock and some outfitting parts and pieces for standard colorado mank boat repairs. Out of necessity, I've gotten pretty handy with my plastic welder, but I need plastic from destroyed boats to use for welding materials. I've got plenty of broken nomads in the garage to fix up nomads, but nada for my grande.

Much appreciation to the fellow boater who helps me out! Shoot me a PM or post.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009   #2

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Wouldn’t the plastic from the Nomad work, or are you trying to match colors? If you have a fixable Nomad you’re willing to part with…
Old 10-01-2009   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Its best to use the same type of plastic for welding. I don't really care about color, but boat manufacturer and type will give best results. The melting points of nomad and jefe plastic seem to be a bit different. Best strength will be like to like plastic. I also want back up outfitting as I break seats, thigh braces etc. If I had to use the nomad plastic as a last resort, I would, but its a last resort...

I have a couple of nomads that are severely cracked with multiple failed welds and multiple cracks, huge gaping cracks upon cracks, and in my estimation almost beyond salvaging for paddling. One got raped by OBJ, the other by SSV. I'll gladly trade you one for a destroyed Jefe. If you only want to take it on a lake, you could probably bitchithane or duct tape it up. 1st rock hit on a river, and its titanic creek boating...
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009   #4

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
That makes sense, I am a welder by trade but I have just started welding plastic so I was just picking your brain. If I get a hold of a Jefe I will let you know.
Old 10-04-2009   #5

Teacher
I have an airhead, and a hoss. They are a little older but should be same plastic.

Peter