Want to start boating? Need a boat? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-27-2007   #1

Golden Paddling Since: 2005
Want to start boating? Need a boat?

I have a Perception Whip Lash that I learned to boat in that I don't use any more and needs a new home. It is a great boat to learn in, it is shaped a lot like an old RPM, it rolls easy and punches through anything. It can be a little squirly, it doesn't like to stay traveling in a straight line. I notice it more on the lake than in the river, but it help me to learn to pay attention to my bow and to always be "driving" the boat instead of just floating.

This boat was given to me with 2 stipulations:
1) Use it at least once.
2) Give it away when you're done with it.

This boat has seen a lot of river, but still has many miles left in it and I hate to see it collecting dust. So, if the only thing keeping you from playing in the river is the lack of a boat and you are willing to abide by the 2 aforementioned stipulations then send me a PM. I'm in Golden.

If Polk is out there: "Thanks for the boat man. I'm paying it forward."

teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007   #2

Golden, Colorado
Cool. I do the same thing with my boats. This year I'm giving my tired old patched Embudo to a beginner at work. I paddle my boats until they are just about dead and then I give them away.

It is a great way to recycle boats. I would probably kill that Embudo with a dozen more days of creeking but she will get at least a few seasons out of it.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #3

Durangp, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Need a boat

Hello, I have been kayaking/duckying for a year and need a boat. I have a pro-level play boat that I got last year used and can't roll it to save my life because of its elevated seat. I am willing to pay. I want something that I would not be scared to go down river any more but able to play a little but be secure in my roll
jjpaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
How much do you weigh? depending i have a T-3 wavesport no oil canning what so ever used one season it was to big for me its super stable i use it to run more than play in! all playboats are going to be difficult to roll in begging special ones with super hard chine but it just takes time and practice later
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #5

Durangp, Colorado
I weigh 185 ish, I am really looking for a boata that I can just punch holes with and not an elevated power seat like mine. My boat also has very hard chines so that is the main reason I think that I can't roll it easily
Old 03-28-2007   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
i wouldn't go with a play boat than

sounds like you just need practice, rolling needs to come from abs sweep is the best roll. you might just want a biigger boat, what class boater are you?
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #7

Durangp, Colorado
I am class III/IV+ on occasion but have never ever got my river roll. I have had some epic swims and want to start running V safely
Old 03-28-2007   #8

In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpaylor View Post
I am class III/IV+ on occasion but have never ever got my river roll. I have had some epic swims and want to start running V safely
Wow man, IV+ swims can be pretty painful....I bet you have some entertaining (probablly very scary) stories in your quiver...
kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote