Visiting Denver this weekend - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-08-2018   #1

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Paddling Since: 2008
Visiting Denver this weekend

I'm going to be in Denver this week for work and was thinking of trying to get a little boating in maybe Friday or Saturday. I called confluence kayaks and they said the whitewater park downtown is too low, but recommended Waterton canyon. Do people consistently run it/could I just show up on a Friday? Are there other good close options if I manage to wrangle a car/rent a boat?

Or am I better off just sticking to hiking and biking this trip and waiting for a more seasonally appropriate time to do CO boating?

tesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2018   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Nothing close, most things have bottomed out unless you are looking for a couple hours of travel from Denver. Waterton is regularly run, but being October boaters are becoming scarce.

Nice thing about Waterton is it is boat from the parking lot, hike back out. So no need for a shuttle, easily scouted and walked. If your into soul solo boating your good to go. Biggest issue I see is the weather, they may cut flows with all the moisture and this cold front. Friday looks clear but a little cool in the fifties.
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote