Vision 56: Bigfoot - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-12-2006   #1

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
Vision 56: Bigfoot

The Vision is already a great boat for Colorado, but this years model is the best of performance and comfort. Shane at Liquidlogic has increased the foot bumps on this boat by about 1'', and if youre tall with big feet this may be the playboat for you.

I have size 12 feet and can paddle for hours without getting out. Its nice to have a boat that can fit the tall folks without being way too big...and its still very balanced and easy to throw around.

CKS will have some of LL's new boats as well as other great new playboats at the Pikes Peak WW Club pool session on Sunday from 5-7 if you want to compare.

Here's a link to Shane's photos and info on this boat:

http://shanesliquidlogic.blogspot.co...ipping-to.html

bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2006   #2

available now at CKS, here's the link:

http://summitkayak.com/store/index.c...1695&do=detail

...sorry for the guerilla marketing, but its a sweet boat that just came in.
Old 03-21-2006   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Bowen, You dont mean this Sunday do you? My schedule has the pool closed this Sunday for spring break and you guys coming down on April 9th. Does that match up to what you guys are planning?

BTW, the bigfoot was quite a bit roomier and comfy. Thanks again to CKS for supporting our club.

PPWC
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2006   #4

GH,

You are correct. The next Pike's Peak/CKS demo is April 9th, see you there...
Old 03-21-2006   #5
NHINDS

What is your inseam? Nothing is working for my 6'4" frame. My inseam is in between 35 and 36". My feet are only 11.5, so you must really be packing?

Owen, you still going to Cali in early April. I got a buddy who wants to leave on the 9th!

Let me know!

Thanks,

NICK
Old 03-21-2006   #6

Nick,

You could be marginal but I'll bet you can squeeze in. The 36'' inseam is obviously you biggest hurdle with playboats. There's a demo Bigfoot in Salida... you can try out if you're around. Other good tall guy boats are:

CR 250, Crazy 88 6.3, ZG 54, and the new Project 62 (still not out, but soon)....maybe this would make a good article topic...

As far as Cali, I'll have to wait and see if I can get outta work...
Old 03-21-2006   #7

Teacher
I was thinking about bringing a group of students over on Saturday to Salida. What can you do in the hole at 400? The web cam looks pretty good.

Peter
Old 03-21-2006   #8
NHINDS

The problem stands, I can not get in a boat and be trim which is made for a person that is only 180 lbs in weight. It sucks and no company has broaght anything out that I feel comfy in and can throw down in eddylines. I can paddle the Crazy 88 and have one, as well a Seven O, and these work the best but are not exactly the most comfy for me. That seven O is the best most comfy boat I have paddles. But it does not loop very well.

I am keeping an eye out for the new Project 62 but I always seem to dislike the large width and crazy tall knee area that everyone puts out with their big boy boats. LL took a step in the right direction with the bigger foot bumps and I am excited to sit in a 56 gallon boat that actually may be fast on a wave, loop, and not cause my feet to look like freaking ground beef at the end of the day. Other boats which suck for my weight that I can fit in, Airhead, EZG 60, Air 60, Super EZ, Super Star, Large Flirt. They all have too much volume for our low water playboating and my slight muscle structure.

Maybe I should just call Balco and ask for the Barry Bonds receipe. That would put me on track to gain like 100 lbs or more in the next 4 years. I would not have any problem moving those boats.

Until a manufacturer makes the right boat, I will continue to C-1 and will most definately have trouble walking when I am 35 years old.

Cheers!

NH

otcouch.com
Old 03-21-2006   #9
gh

pnw, Colorado
Just from my observations, if you can get in a crazy 88 then you can be comfy in a kingpin but jeez you guys have big feet.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #10

NH,

I feel your pain man...The tall and skinny playboater often times gets the shaft in boat design. I agree that larger foot bumps are better than the huge knee area...I thinks that this is a great market for boat companies in the future...

That's why I miss squirt boating, cause the boats were slicy as hell and long. The length accomodates the inseam and the footbumps hooked up your feet, all you had to do was sit straight legged... You can sink em, cartwheel, and still have hull speed from length. You gotta squirt boat??

I still think that you should try the V56 Bigfoot and even the new 420 L/XL from Pyranha which has a lil more volume. If your in the hood come check them out...

SALIDA HOLE...still pretty cold but ice free, I went at 550 the other week and the lower hole was ok- low angle lefty cartwheels mostly. (they were lowering the lake levels, but thats over). I probably would'nt recommend driving over to hit it (especially with all the powder we've been having). ciao,

BO