Vail Boaters valiantly defend home turf - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-11-2005   #1

Vail Boaters valiantly defend home turf

Today a group of us rouge boaters paid a little visit to Vail’s new gem, Cross Creek. This is an exceptional creek with the makings of being perhaps one of the best runs around. The only small gliche of note with this creek is that of its 5+ miles of possibly amazing whitewater, less than ¼ mile is currently cleared. We were very appreciative of the ¼ mile of drops that had been cleaned out as they were damn fine indeed.
After observing the quality of drops here and noticing an ongoing trend in the vail area of leaving good creeks such as the piney chocked full of wood the author made the suggestion that perhaps some people from the area get together for some wood removal.
I admit I did not think thru how offensive a statement like this would sound to a vail local and a man who I mistakenly assumed to have probably been a new release from chino or somewhere of the sort quickly puffed up like a blowfish. As the mans blood pressure began to rise we could hear the steroids reverberating off his inner aortic walls. “Maybe we just clean it up when we want to run it bitch, did you ever think of that one. Maybe you need to just go back to your fucking county, yeah go back to your fucking county bro. Go back to the front range.”
I tried explaining to the savage that some nomads like myself consider the entire state of Colorado their county and that since the state is so big and since there is simply not enough time for one person to clean up the whole state, each area needs to help do its part. This way when boaters get the balls to venture out of the i-70 corridor there are nice creeks, free of wood, in other counties they can boat in.
The giant quickly picked up the words “so big” used in a confrontational conversation and informed me that “so big” was also what my girlfriend often said when he stopped over to visit. I could see from his quick wit and excellent rebuttal skills that my opponent most likely logged some time on the debate team. Having already partaken in the common after paddling ritual my wits were slightly slowed and I was saddened as I thought of my fallen comrade, the Chunderboy. How he would have loved to have been hear. Some KY would have been applied to this mans ear hole as it was slowly spread apart exposing that well under 2% of the underlying tissue was in use. This 2% would have then been wound into something revealing the Gordion Knot.
Unable to see through the labyrinth of tattoos, if any teardrops presided on the back of the man’s neck, and since this beasts bicep was roughly the size of my thigh I decided it would perhaps be best to drop the issue.
To my homey Chad Dyson, thank you for cleaning out what you have and I’m sorry for the crew you are stuck with. Hopefully you will soon breed in the vail valley and your children will have many offspring and after many moons and many more Dyson’s the creeks of the vail valley will run free.

waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2005   #2

What is the argument against cleaning the creek? Pristine? Fishing? Private property? Tradition?

I do not know anything about the situation but from afar....Some of theese and other arguments may be valid. Name calling is fun, but how about working toward a common good?
onebakedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #3

Chorter I thought you didn't run anything that didn't have a minimum 5000 CFS and 500 FPM. What are you doing back in the states (CO)?

In true chunderboy fashion, you should have told him to look over his shoulder because Pam Anderson was leaned over picking up his pogey, and shove your AT sideways up his arse... If the Dyson's multiply heaven help us....

PS: FrankenFullmer hit Valle yesterday....

STeve.
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2005   #4

It really is sad that some folks feel like since they moved into an area either a few months or years ago they are suddenly entitled to be the sole users of that place. Last I heard, the land you currently live on was stolen from Native Americans. My point is the whole thing about Vail Valley boaters contempt for Front rangers is absolutely the most ludecrous bunch of bull I think I've ever heard. Until one of them speaks Hope Indian, I say use your substantial manhood to urinate up a spectra throw rope.
yakpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #5

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakpass
It really is sad that some folks feel like since they moved into an area either a few months or years ago they are suddenly entitled to be the sole users of that place. Last I heard, the land you currently live on was stolen from Native Americans. My point is the whole thing about Vail Valley boaters contempt for Front rangers is absolutely the most ludecrous bunch of bull I think I've ever heard. Until one of them speaks Hope Indian, I say use your substantial manhood to urinate up a spectra throw rope.
You must consider the source. I'm a native of Colorado, so no matter where I'm at in the state, that's where I'm from. (If I'm in Aspen, then I'm an Aspenhole. If for some silly reason I stop in Vail, then I'm a Vail Valley Vidiot.)
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #6

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
We are sooo cool up here in Vail that we dont have time to cut wood we are too busy taking care of multigazillion dollar homes. but if you come up, we could try to get a posse together to help out, but we have some secrets weve been scouting and looking to clean up elsewhere , put a post up and well go do it, quite the bitchin', P.S. I have no gripes about front range boaters, I just think life is better here...
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #7

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
chunder would be proud
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #8

Liquid chaos, if we come up there to cut out your wood the last thing we would do is call your bitch ass. I'm sure you'd just sit on the sidelines stroking the latest issue of Vail Highlife magazine while we cleaned out your shit in typical vail fashion. Enjoy the good life up there until a truckload of illegal immagrants hits a patch of ice on the freeway and takes out your house in gypsum, freeway scum.
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #9

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
WC,
Good to see you up there yesterday. Been a while. I agree on cleaning her out of wood. By the time you finish the run, your ready for more. I know few people have been up there cutting like mad for a couple of years. Seems for every log removed, two more come down. Im kind of lazy and can't claim any wood removal so........
As for the dude hastling you, who was it? I know we joke a bunch but if someone was a certified dick, we have no room for it. And as for Vail types, they are loosers (I live in Gypsum aka Gitsum now!) If you need a place to crash while your around let me know.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #10

Golden, Colorado
Hobie - it was just Solli doing his thing. That was until he found the paintballs and had something else to occupy himself with - like plastering my truck in pink - and making lewd comments to grandmas going to a dinner party up the road. Of course Chorter has a point, if all that energy went into cleaning out wood...

Good boatin with ya'll.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote