USAFA pool sessions?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-02-2009   #1

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
USAFA pool sessions??

Yo, just moved back down to the Springs, wondering if anyone knows if there are pool sessions at the Air Force Academy. If I remember correctly they used to have a kayaking club at the Academy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Drew

Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009   #2

Paddling Since: 2008
Tuesday's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkins View Post
Yo, just moved back down to the Springs, wondering if anyone knows if there are pool sessions at the Air Force Academy. If I remember correctly they used to have a kayaking club at the Academy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Drew
YO! USAFA has their pool sessions every tusday nights, starting at 8pm-10pm, but we usually show up around 730-745-ish. Next Tuesday is the last pool session before Christmas and new Years. Starts back up on Jan. 5th I think.

Here's the number to call, ask for the open play kayak pool session which is only $5 bucks.

Cecil there also teaches intro to kayak classes for ~$40. In the Spring and Summer, he also offers the 3 day Fast track Intro to Kayak lessons; pool, lake, and then river. Pool sessions are pretty much Year-Round here!

Number:
719-333-2940

He's also trying to sell a Black Jackson Classic Fun if you know anybody interested.

See you around maybe!

OH, and it's not with the Cadets at all, it's held at the Community Rec Center's pool.

-Alex
Old 12-03-2009   #3

Silverdale, Washington
Paddling Since: 2007
So that's where you've been. Missing being up north again Drew? See that shit, you've been slacking for so long people think you need intro to kayak lessons man.

Also, Alex what the hell have you been up to lately? Getting on any winter Ark trips yet?
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009   #4

Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Patrick View Post
So that's where you've been. Missing being up north again Drew? See that shit, you've been slacking for so long people think you need intro to kayak lessons man.

Also, Alex what the hell have you been up to lately? Getting on any winter Ark trips yet?

Me, Cecil, and Nick went on a kayaking road trip to AZ the weekend before Thanksgiving. We hit up Fossil Creek. ~80 degree air temps, natural hot spring water with nice warm temps, and some fun waterfalls! I'm using Cecil's Jefe in the beginning, but then at the end (~13:11 minutes) I'm using my Hero on powerhouse...ended up backwards for a bit. HAHA!

You didn't see the video?

Check it out here:

Other than that, I've just been doin the school thing and hitting up the gym. I've lost ~20 Lbs in about 2.5 months! You get any winter boatin Ark trips in yet?
Old 12-03-2009   #5
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Patrick View Post

Where the heck have YOU been? The Ark is freaking stone cold..we hit up the Numbers and it was harsh. When you gonna get some skis so aren't a one trick pony? You get me up on some Class IV and I'll get you up on Black Diamonds.
Old 12-03-2009   #6

Rocky Mountain Hooliganz, Rocky Mountain High
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
Where the heck have YOU been? The Ark is freaking stone cold..we hit up the Numbers and it was harsh. When you gonna get some skis so aren't a one trick pony? You get me up on some Class IV and I'll get you up on Black Diamonds.
How about you both come out to the backcountry, and I'll get you some air time hucking some "CORN-i" all day!! Ha Haaa!! We should all hook up and share some turns sometime!! Allan's broken leg should be healed by January!! Then we'll be all set for the season!!

Alex, How's bout some 20 footers on sticks!! Ha Haaa!! It'll be fun!!

Cheers!!

-Nick
Old 12-03-2009   #7
Kayak/SUP Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandertek View Post
How about you both come out to the backcountry, ....
-Nick
Not too many good days in the Army but one of them was the day I handed them back their climbing skins and snowshoes.
Old 12-03-2009   #8

Rocky Mountain Hooliganz, Rocky Mountain High
Sorry Alex, I forgot that would involve hiking!!!! Ha Haaa!!

Yeah Sarge, I didn't want to pay the man for a pass this year.. It's only BC for me. Which I prefer anyways!! How was the numbers?
Old 12-03-2009   #9
Kayak/SUP Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandertek View Post
How was the numbers?
STONE cold. That's a young mans game in the winter. I'm done till spring. I've already hung up the "Gone skiing sign". Bummer for Alan.
Old 12-03-2009   #10

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
What the hell did you talk Allen into this time that he broke his leg! You weren't snow yalkin were ya?
RandyP