Upper Green River in Wyoming? - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-08-2011   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Upper Green River in Wyoming?

I have taken on the project of paddling the entire length of the Green River. Some of those sections are not commonly paddled, so information is not easily available. For purposes of this project, I have assumed that Green River Lakes, in the Wind River Range of Wyoming, is the headwater.

I have done most of the usual sections, including Stillwater, Labyrinth, Deso-Gray, Gates of Lodore, and below Flaming Gorge. I need a couple of sections in Utah, one multi-day trip below Dinosaur National park, and a day trip around the town of Green River Utah. I have paddled every mile of the Green River in Colorado.

That leaves Wyoming. I have done a couple of day trips above the town of Green River Wyoming, one ending in town, the other through Seedskadee Wildlife Refuge. Those trips were both class I. I have not paddled anything above Fontanelle reservoir in Wyoming.

Has anybody paddled the upper Green River in Wyoming? Anybody I could call?

Paddling the reservoirs is a separate question, but I tentatively plan to use my sea kayak. Flaming gorge would be a multi-day paddle, Fontenelle would be a day trip.

Any info would be appreciated. I did search the archives here, but did not find anything useful.

Richard

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011   #2

Jackson, Wyoming
Shuttled vehicles around for some people that did the whole thing rafts this year. If I can dig up her contact info, I'll get a hold of her and see if she can offer any advice. I'd like to paddle from GR lakes to town of GR next summer. Also interested in what you find out- will probably mix it up between touring boat and WW boat I suspect. Not sure of what is above, but from Fontanelle to town, Tsunami would be my boat of choice- can get lots of miles a day, comfy, and plenty of room for beer.

Sam

I'm in Green River, so if you get serious about this and need shuttle help/company/etc, let me know. Wife and I both like to paddle.
wyosam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #3

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1993
call or PM me for details

I paddled from above Green River lakes (Roaring Fork) down to Mexico about 7 years ago. I can give you some details on all of those sections. Do you want to piece it together or run it all continuously? Either way, it would probably be easier to chat: 720- three fiver two. forty seven ninety two.

MikeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011   #4

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Phone number?

Mike, I tried to call you but got Linda's voice mail. Not sure if there was a typo in your phone number or not.

My number is 720 two seven three zero three three one.

Richard
Old 09-09-2011   #5

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1993
oops

Last digit should be a 6

MikeG is offline   Reply With Quote