Mountain Buzz banner

Upper CO section recommendation for float?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  melted_ice 
#1 ·
I'd like to take a 13' raft down a section or two of the Upper CO Thursday and do some fishing along the way. I usually do Pumphouse to Radium or Rancho. I assume it's all very boney. Any recommendations on a good section or two for tomorrow? Thanks.

#7 ·
I asked a few weeks ago but didn't get many good answers as to whether the Colorado between Hot Sulphur Springs (below Byer Canyon) and Kremmling makes a good float for fishing. Anyone on this thread know whether this section is floatable and fishable, and clear of fences, low bridges, etc?

Not looking for whitewater or great scenery - just a good stretch for fishing. Any thoughts?

#8 ·
Gold medal water through some of it. If it was floatable it would be floated. This stretch was the epicenter of conflict between landowner and fishermen back in the 80's? My limited understanding is courts sided with landowner and now you better not touch the bottom or even a rock above water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.