upload pic problems - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-28-2006   #1
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
upload pic problems

Ah'ight, I know this is some day one stuff but could someobody fill me in on where to go to shrink my pics, it's tellin me I'm too large or corrupt. I've been told i'm too large before but never corrupt. With all this world record huck talk and nice shots people are posting I figured I'd chip in. I've already tried to play with the image quality (low-high) and that doesn't work. I've also tried hitting it and cussin at it but that doesn't work either. Any tips?

FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Try croping it, i had to do that to post some pics on the gear swap page and that worked. Should be on picture edit software.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006   #3
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
thanks but no luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006   #4

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
What software are you using for your pics, 'Torch?

If you've got a newer version of MS Office running, it comes complete with MS Picture Manager. Go to your "Start" button, click on "Programs," scroll down to "Microsoft Office Tools." You should see a program called "Microsft Picture Manager" there.... on the right side of the screen, there's an option for edits. Select the pic you want to play with from the file, hit "edit," and at the bottom of the list is an option for "Compress Files." It'll walk you thru it from there (allows you to compress down to document size, emailings, or use on web pages, etc).
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #5
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Hey newb, hows it goin!?! thanks for the info but i'm not there yet. Frenchy did the first one for me and sent me some assistance, I tried to do your route since it seemed pretty quick. I've got the pic manager open and the pic selected....it's just not allowing me to do any editing. When I clik either resize or compress it wont let me do anything. The buttons I need to get at are there but wont let me highlight them or select anything. It says I have 1 file selected so I'd think it would let me edit it but no luck....thoughts. Email me
Old 01-31-2006   #6

Front Range, Colorado
It doesn't go to another sidebar that reads:

"Compress for:
__ Don't compress
__ Documents
__ Web pages
__ Email messages"

??

That's what you should be seeing right now? The more compression you choose, the more "crispness" the original photo will lose-- BUT, at the small size you see here on the Buzz, it doesn't really mean much (unless you plan on emailing/ using the original for something down the road). So keep your originals one place with one title, and re-name the compressed ones/ store them somewhere else. All you should have to do is click on the option you want, then click "OK" and save the compressed file?
Old 01-31-2006   #7

Web Developer/Programmer
You problem is probably more size than compression. Although the compression suggested will work fine, you could also select resize. choose the "percentage of original width x height" radio button, adjust the percentage until the new size is less than 800 in both dimensions. This is displayed under "Size Setting Summary"

Now if the compession options weren't avail to you, these probably won't be either. Make sure you aren't trying to edit an image that is on a CD or that the image is marked as read-only. Really it shouldn't matter until you try to save it, but that is the only thing I can think of.
Old 01-31-2006   #8
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
it does say all that, it just wont let me select anything??? I mailed ya back
Old 01-31-2006   #9

Front Range, Colorado
Your pic/ email crashed my computer, yos.

When I pulled my email back up and re-opened it, your entire last email is missing? I tried to recover it, but no such luck yet. For some reason, when you remove your photo(s) from the email, it doesn't want to move/ paste over to either a photo file, or something as simple as a "Paint" program. This hasn't been a problem with anything in the past, so I'm not sure what's going on with your photo files now???

I-dot is right, though (and I hadn't thought of that yet, either ).
You could take the photos you have now, insert them into Word, PowerPoint, or Photoshop, select the image, and then go up to the "Format" option in your toolbar. Click on "Format," select "Picture" from the drop-down, hit the "Size" tab, and use the "Height" command to size your materials up or down.

Would you mind trying to re-send that email?
Old 01-31-2006   #10

Front Range, Colorado
Nevahmind on re-sending that email.... I recovered the original.

The picture file is, however, still proving itself problematic. Maybe try sending a different pic.... I'm trying to figure out what's up with your files, since you're right: my computer/ programs don't like your image files, either?