http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_6735534

T-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007   #2

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Good one Willoughby. See you at church again this Sunday.

h
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #3

Wow, that was an absolutely great article. It captured the spirit with a little mocking of the police.

A truly classic article. We need to make more of this article--save it some good spot. If anyone want info on what the Gore race is, show them the article.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007   #4
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
It's also aking for more trouble in the future.

Believe it or not these guys are not Mayberry cops, they look online & to have a article in the paper just adds to the problem.

It's like all the fucktards that can't figure out to stay off the railroad, it's fun till the RR truck starts taking descriptions or pics & having the blm arrest folks at the takeout.
I just hope none of them are dressed like me.
Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #5

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
I think this article is awesome! WWP, I hear your comments, and totally agree with the ftards, but this shows that hopefully people understand that a few mutants in the Canyon does not require SWAT teams to keep them under control. Sounds like the 10K they spent that day on 20 or so rangers/Highway Patrol/Sherrifs was a total waste and hopefully they learn from that. Kayakers are so far from real trouble making that it's actually hilarious, to think they spent that dough on us. Spending valuable $'s to keep a couple dumb asses off some train tracks in the middle of nowhere is there perogative, but hassling perfectly legal citizens for doing what they have every legal right to do is total BS.
I continually remind myself of the hard line cops with the cowboy hats at the Gore putin to years back when they told me that I could not put on the river. I was not even racing. That has to be about as illegal as anything the ftards were doing on the train tracks.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #6

Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Rangers outnumbered the 10 or so racers....hehehe. A weekend with few boaters. More like 3 rangers, all met at pumphouse. Then two walked in at the top, long after the shotgun had taken place and one at the bottom of Kirch. Maybe 100 ppl there. Quiet except for a group of guides from Moab singing.....we like it here, we like it here, we fucking like it here and then killing pink floyd songs. I like the weekend w/out all the bands, beer, mass ppl, dogs, and rangers. The artilce is basic and simple, and goes to show that us smelly annoyeeing drunk boaters can organize enough to keep things in control.

Difference in questions asked to Rangers that weekend.
- Can we be on the right side of the river?

1st answer...railroad right of way 50ft...no.
2nd answer...stay off the black and the level ground on top, but river edge is fair game.

But the railroad truck that came through said we were fine on the side of the bank, just to stay off the rails. Good information.

Great weekend
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #7
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwindpowderrock View Post
It's like all the fucktards that can't figure out to stay off the railroad, it's fun till the RR truck starts taking descriptions or pics & having the blm arrest folks at the takeout.
I just hope none of them are dressed like me.
I saw BLM writing 3 guys tickets at the takeout last weekend - looked like right as they were getting out of the water. Is that what's going on? RR guys reporting info of people on the tracks? That law is violated constantly. If you're going to portage /scout Gore, it's not a bad walk along the bank or river left, so not sure if people just aren't aware of the law or totally indifferent.

I got there kind of late on Gore weekend, but it was pretty much a non event as far as I could tell. A couple BLM guys at the put-in (and they were plenty coridal), and a few more boaters than normal camping out was the only difference I saw. The scene last weekend was way bigger.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #8
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
I saw BLM writing 3 guys tickets at the takeout last weekend - looked like right as they were getting out of the water. Is that what's going on?
It's what I've been told is starting to happen because of pressure from the RR.

The BLM guys that work there are great guys, they just have to enforce laws that big companies pressure them to enforce.

for the record, it was a great weekend, a bit low key but that was ok with me.

btw, the statement I've heard from everyone that knows wtf is going on is stay off the railroad grade (the top) anywhere on the hill or the side of the river is obviously fine. These guys will come in & rescue folks if something really bad happens (they got my buddy out of there last year), so it doesn't seem too tough to just stay off the grade.

see y'all up there on sat!
Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote