typical cost to demo a boat? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-20-2007   #1

typical cost to demo a boat?

My local shop wants to charge me $28 for half a day or $38 for the full day to demo a boat. They weren't clear if I'm going to have to also pay for a demo skirt if my skirt doesn't fit the keyhole of the demo boat. They're willing to put the cost towards a new boat for up to three demos, but this still seemed a bit steep. Is it typical to charge this much for a demo?
Linsey

ldebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007   #2

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Linsey,
Confluence Kayaks in Denver charges $25 for a full day and $15 for a half day, and they do charge to rent extra equipment. Alpenglow (Golden) and Golden River Sports also have demos, but I don't know how much they charge. If you just want to take it on a quick trip down the Clear Creek WW Park they might not even charge you.

See you at the BTO! Drew
funkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Linsey they must already be charging you for the skirt if you let them know that you needed one. I've only ever demoed for for a full day, and it was always $34. I got the boat only (float bags too, but they are free).

Also, look into this, but I'd recommend only demoing for a 1/2 day if you think that there is any chance that you will be done by 4 PM. On my last demo I only used the boat for the 1/2 day time, but since I had asked for a full day I had to pay for it. It wasn't very cool in my opinion, but it was their policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldebell View Post
My local shop wants to charge me $28 for half a day or $38 for the full day to demo a boat. They weren't clear if I'm going to have to also pay for a demo skirt if my skirt doesn't fit the keyhole of the demo boat. They're willing to put the cost towards a new boat for up to three demos, but this still seemed a bit steep. Is it typical to charge this much for a demo?
Linsey
bwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2007   #4

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Linsey,
At Golden River Sports we charge $10 for same day demo and $25 for 24 hours. Weekend rate is $50-pick up Fri evening and return Monday AM. Up to $100 in rental fees apply to purchase. We have Pyranha and Riot Demos. Full day on the skirt is $8 Half day $4.
Golden River Sports
806 Washington
Golden, Co 80401
303-215-9386
T-ROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007   #5

Cody, Wyoming
Here in Cody we charge $20 for a full day and $30 if you need all the gear (the full set up).

By the way the water is great here in town great class 3-4 runs!

Aaron Mulkey
Core Mountain Sports
Cody, Wy
877-527-7354
COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote