Trip Report - Upper EF Hood (OR) - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-30-2014   #1

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2004
Trip Report - Upper EF Hood (OR)

A short trip report of an often overlooked run in the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon side. Although not as classic as the Green Truss or Little White, if youre in the area and its at a good flow, its worth getting on!

Wheels & Water: Upper EF Hood, OR (5.18.14)

-Nate

Nate Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014   #2

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
The Hood is a great river with a lot of different characteristics in one watershed. Have you run the West Fork? It IS a classic. Tough to get on with the right flows though...it is pushing class V at higher water, and the water can fall out pretty quickly when its dropping.
Old 05-30-2014   #3

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterwagged View Post
The Hood is a great river with a lot of different characteristics in one watershed. Have you run the West Fork? It IS a classic. Tough to get on with the right flows though...it is pushing class V at higher water, and the water can fall out pretty quickly when its dropping.
Yeah, that's another one I've been meaning to get on, but for some reason continues to allude me.
-Nate
Nate Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote