TREASURE - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-09-2005   #1

Mad Scientist/Creeker
TREASURE

Check out Todd Gillman's trip report on the first descent of Treasure Canyon @ http://www.coloradokayaking.com/main...e420997f0ef437

Evan J. Stafford
Tim T. Hawkins
[email protected]

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2005   #2

What's with the "I can't tell you where this is, trip write up". Are they guarding the covetted 1st 2nd descent. Afraid of a rogue gang of kayakers taking over control of their turf? Is this Henson creek by lake city?
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #3
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Yeah, I know it's lame -- sorry. it's just not totally my call on letting the cat out of the bag til it's all been done (i.e., the tributary waterfalls & the one on the main run & another possible run right in the same area). I didn't "find" the run, I just did the trip report.

Honestly, I could give a shit if people know where it's at because it's pretty remote & wouldn't get a ton of action anyway ... but, my word's my word. It'll come out this spring/summer, I'm sure.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2005   #4

What's up Todd, I'm just joking with ya, I'll find out anyway though. If this is the infamous treasure falls section on Henson Creek, it was definitly first d-'d long ago by one Ben Stokesburry along with most creeks with enough water to float a boat around those parts. If you guys truely found something new though damn nice work. Whatever it is it sure looks good.
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #5

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
damn, you should call it the M-creek? Looks good todd. Maybe you can show me the goods sometime, altho, you know me, i don't creek much....
haha
ben
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #6
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Yoooooo .... ok, it's late i'm drunkass .. but i'm not gonna spill the bong .. i mean beans ...

it's definitely definitely not henson creek or even near that zone. it for absulutely sure IS new & very worthy. that's what is so cool about it .. the fact that it is a totallly long *& legitimate run with tons of good drops & one bigass waterfall & it had nevr been explored. props to rick for sussing it out!

everyone here that likes to run class V creeks will know its whereabouts in due time & will get to enjoy it. i'll efven personally show some peeps down it once or twice this year.

except ben. cuz that little chauncey only likes to park 'n play. or so i've been told. i hear he's been nailing a wicked pan-donkeyzilla at the Commerce City playpark ,,, J/K benny .. we'll get out & run some shit together this summer if you don't mind driving & hiking a little.

so .... did any other paddleboaters go and see INTERPOL at the filmore tonight??? so good ...
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #7

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Uh, you guys need to just stop right here. M-Creek is for locals only. DO NOT come down here to paddle our creek. You are NOT welcome. This is OUR river - WE own it. If you are not from our town, not part of our posse, or do not regularly paddle with us, then do not ask about M-Creek. Just because a couple adventurous and resourceful guys "discover" our long-time local run doesn't mean they or anyone else are welcome. STAY OFF M-CREEK!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE: Riot Pimp Daddy, exc cond, $350
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #8

Wow Caspian you sound like a real live gangsta? I was going to run M-creek but now that I've read your poetic post I've completely changed my mind. I'm scared of your posse. You sound like an ass, take that attitude back to Texas partner. Maybe you could put a couple fences up in the river to keep people out. Or a sign "This creek is mine, my mommy said so! Stay Out" or "Beware of Posse"

Take a deep breath
Old 02-10-2005   #9

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Uh, Lots-O...I think Caspian was being sarcastic in the first place...and anyway, I'm the only gangster you know biatch. G'd up from the feet up.
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #10

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
looks like a great run. cool--way to go boys. lame to keep the drainage a secret though. after all-- it's not like we are surfers with crowd issues who want to have a spot that is low-key, that could be understandable. this is lame
steven is offline   Reply With Quote