tragedy in Glenwood Canyon - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-30-2008   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
tragedy in Glenwood Canyon

this just in from the No Name Tribune

Dotsero-Internationally renowned controversial lame artist Crisco was swept away by the surging waters of the Colorado late Tuesday.The alleged artist was engaged in an eclectic and unpopular project to coat all the rocks from Eagle to New Castle with 1/2 inch of his namesake vegetable shortening tinted with orange food coloring.The swarthy Albanian harelip was assembling a psuedo crucifix composed of a tv antenna and an effigy of Madonna,the pop star not the virgin mother of God,fashioned from elk dung,when he plunged into the frigid water just above the rapid known to local kayakers as Upper Death.Witnesses,rwo toothless vagrants from Gypsum,said he dissappeared into the maw only to reappear bouncing off rocks and taking extended boatless holerides downstream'' that dude got worked in them waterfalls' said Gypsumite Clem Sorgum.Crisco's greasy lifeless body was finally lodged in a rock cluster above the Grizzly Creek rest area.
Extraction of the body presents difficulties for local authorities'We may not be able to get him out unless the water goes down,hell we may wait for high water and let Utah deal with him' said Glenwood rescue chief Norm Dinglehorst.Efforts were made to enlist local kayakers for a rescue,but Crystal Valley hotshots Cutch Edgeworth and Cody Chamberlain refused.

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008   #2

i'm probably not the only one that reads "tragedy on..." in a post title and I immediately get a lump in my throat and wonder who it is. made me miss the humor in the rest of your post....
Old 01-30-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbuns View Post
i'm probably not the only one that reads "tragedy on..." in a post title and I immediately get a lump in my throat and wonder who it is. made me miss the humor in the rest of your post....
I agree. Can an admin push this into The Eddy?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008   #4

Denver, Colorado
not trying to offend anyone,it was supposed to be ONIONESQUE
PERHAPS YOU COULD LIGHTEN UP A BIT
Old 01-30-2008   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
Wow and people call me too serious. I thought this was damn funny and well thought out without being too offensive. My call on it is that we have left all threads on this art project over the river on the main forum so I am going to leave it. But if you think it should be moved then fire away. The anti move, anticensorship crowd has been having a heyday recently so lets hear from the other side.
Old 01-30-2008   #6

Denver, Colorado
ADMINS,
in hindsight maybe you should censor me,it probably hits too close to home for many people on this forum,even though it was obviously meant in jest.
Old 01-30-2008   #7

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I agree. Can an admin push this into The Eddy?
jesus christ...you people need to lighten the fuck up. pc douche bags
upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #8

Golden, Colorado
It made me laugh.

I have, myself, have discovered that jokes about death often fall flat on the buzz. However, I think Crisco is funny in just about any context.

I think it would be nasty to put a used boat for sale under a fake-o tragedy post, but a joke? I think that was clever. It took some balls. Some people won't like it but I think it makes it even funnier.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #9

Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
Funny post once I clicked on it, scary title.
Old 01-30-2008   #10

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I thought it was hilarious and even more so since I was relieved that no one bought the farm...except Crisco. Rip.