Top 5 runs in the State? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-25-2007   #1

Top 5 runs in the State?

After running Cheeseman this weekend, I was having some discussion as to what are the top 5 runs in the state. In my opinion it goes like this.

1. Pandora's Box
2. Big South
3. Valiceto
4. Crystal
5. Cheeseman

On a different note, Front Range Fred dented his truck this weekend and it is a very serious issue, especially to Fred. So I would like to ask for you to dig deep into those pockets and donate some money to fix Fred's Truck. Fred's truck is as close to a girlfreind as he has had for sometime now, he is very attached, and distraught over the current condition of his "Lady"

You can make the checks payable to Peter Stromberg, and after I subtract all of the ice cream money that was never paid, including this weekend, by Fred, I will forward on the remaing funds.

Thank you for your participation and please find it in your heart to help Front Range Fred, fix his beloved truck, and help pay off the $377.03 that Fred owes to local boaters accross Colorado for ice cream money. I don't think he has ever won the icecream game it is is heavily weighing on his finacial siutuaiton. Any money would help.

Thank you for your time. Boof and Release.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007   #2

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
I am suprised that Mrs. Emberson did not make it into the top five. At least you could have made an honorable mention.
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Deckers...
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007   #4

Actually I believe Pagel and Gordo lost, both for pins where they had to "step out of their boat." Fred did pay his debt on Sunday to yours truly, after our Gore run. That ice cream was good.
Old 06-25-2007   #5

Which part of the Crystal?
Old 06-26-2007   #6

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Pagel is claiming he didn't really swim, since he self rescued. Not sure if I buy it since I hauled his boat out of the river 200 yards downstream from where he was temporarily seperated from his craft.

Payup sucka...
Old 06-26-2007   #7

Hey Leif-

Do we get ice cream for that "incident" on the NF Crystal?

Or is that void since we weren't officially playing?

Larsen and I are planning a Big South trip and will definitely be ready for some ice cream after that long drive fromn the 970/719 zone.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #8

For the record, you are ALWAYS officailly playing. So yes Meng Life does owe you a cone, or if you want you can call his Mom at 509-789-4569. She goes by "Kitty"
Old 06-26-2007   #9

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Meng - Yes, I do owe ice cream.

Lotsaswims - Careful I got a few ace cards up my sleeve. Don't make me play them. Gnarrows wednesday?
Old 06-26-2007   #10

If you stuff your self under a tree, and pin with your lifejacket hooked, and half to pull your skirt to release the pressure off your pin in order to scramble to shore, only to let your boat flush downstream a 1/4 mile, then yeah, you owe ice cream over anyone who rolls. So, Pagel owes. Fred self rescues all the time, and he still buys.