To the FibArk Organizers - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-12-2013   #1

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
To the FibArk Organizers

This could go in the Eddy but I think it's appropriate for the Boater's Forum.

This article discusses the disturbing nature of bottled water:
Nestle to begin draining millions of gallons of Arkansas River water | The Colorado Independent

I, and I encourage those in support to chime in, respectfully request that the FibArk organizers cut bottled water use out of the festival. I know it's not an easy change, especially given the fest starts tomorrow. However, I believe the use of bottled water is in direct conflict with the idea of celebrating the river and it's recreational use.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013   #2

Prineville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2010
I agree.
BryanS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #3

West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Good post Hojo
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013   #4

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I agree as well, manufactured demand of bottled water disgusts me. You can learn more about bottled water and why it sucks here:
Old 06-12-2013   #5
Badass Family

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Agree...

Times 14... ))
kelloggshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #6

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
FIBArk doesn't use bottled water

FIBArk does not and has not used bottled water for many years now. The past 4 years they have had Montrose Water Company jugs at several locations throughout the festival where folks can refill their water bottles. Neither Nestle nor Arrowhead are sponsors. FIBArk rocks!
coloradokrasnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #7

Lakewood, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradokrasnow View Post
FIBArk does not and has not used bottled water for many years now. The past 4 years they have had Montrose Water Company jugs at several locations throughout the festival where folks can refill their water bottles. Neither Nestle nor Arrowhead are sponsors. FIBArk rocks!
If that's the case then Excellent! Perhaps we can shift the focus to getting FibArk to pressure the vendors to stop providing bottled water!
Old 06-12-2013   #8

Salida, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
FIBArk has not used bottled water or distributed any in years. Perhaps be a little informed before encouraging others to join a campaign that doesn't have a base in reality.

FIBArk has declined to enter into sponsorship with Nestle due of their reputation and the overall disapproval of the people of Chaffee County.

FIBArk is 100% volunteer and sponsor driven.

Come to FIBArk! Support Salida and the FIBArk Festival. And bring your own water bottle to fill at the Montrose Water Company stations.
Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #9

Lakewood, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
FIBArk has not used bottled water or distributed any in years. Perhaps be a little informed before encouraging others to join a campaign that doesn't have a base in reality.

FIBArk has declined to enter into sponsorship with Nestle due of their reputation and the overall disapproval of the people of Chaffee County.

FIBArk is 100% volunteer and sponsor driven.

Come to FIBArk! Support Salida and the FIBArk Festival. And bring your own water bottle to fill at the Montrose Water Company stations.
I apologize for not researching in advance. I meant no slander. After having participated in the last few years I have no memory of water stations around the freestyle/slalom venue. I really didn't venture into the vendor/concert venue at all.
Old 06-12-2013   #10

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
If you want to protest the sponsorship at a whitewater festival on the Arkansas River you should check out the event sponsors for the Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival.

http://www.royalgorgewhitewaterfesti...vent-sponsors/

Black Hills Energy, Cripple Creek/Victor Gold Mine and Holcim are NOT friends of the river. It's bullshit, and everyone in Canon seems ok with it.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote