to mark at CKS from conor: woody customs - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-19-2004   #1

to mark at CKS from conor: woody customs

hey mark how WV ive tried to get ahold of u at cks but u were in WV but i was just wondering if u still have the woody custom for me or wats the deal drop me email or a reply on MT. buzz
peace out -AtoL-AKA:conor finney

addicted to liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2004   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Conner
What's up!! I will call Wayne at Woody to see what I can do. Call me on my cell #970-485-1924 to discuss details. I am headed down to the Ocoee and Rock Island in about 1 hour. I will have my cell on me but you might have to leave a message and I will get back to you. I should be back working at CKS on Tuesday.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004   #3

ski/kayak bum
if this is the connair from gunny, how are you feeling? will you be able to paddle this summer?

aaron
double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2004   #4

its me

hey arron it is me and i get my brace off in 3weeks so i should be good to go hopefully but im just taken it easy
addicted to liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004   #5

ski/kayak bum
i'm looking forward to seeing you back in full force. do you know if anyone in town is demoing boats yet? and do you know what times people have been paddling our park?

aaron
Old 03-20-2004   #6

Yo double A a bunch of us were at the Gunny Park today from like 1-3 pm....it was pretty good surprisingly. There were about 7 people in the water. The upper spot was cool for surfing and spinning and you could get multiple retentive ends both ways and some quick loops in the lower hole. If anyone within a few hours is feeling a need to do a little early season playboating come on down (or up) to Gunnison.

Connor....If u want to try out a woody custom paddle when you recover I have one and will be in the valley for a while so we could meet up at the park one day. The one I have now is a different, better and updated version of the one I showed you last summer with 'aircore' type blades.....kinda like an airpocket in each blade to increase buoyancy and minimize drag on complex strokes.....pretty damn nice paddle. BTW, sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

Aaron, for demoes, Dave at Rock'n'Roll has some new daggers. 3 rivers has new Riot's but I think thats it so far. If you want to check out all the new shizzle, cruise over to C-K-S and pick up any new boat your interested in.....the local Salida hole is an adequate testing ground at the moment to see what boat you want to get for 2004.

Marko, look forward to seeing you back in CO this summer. Sounds like your going off and hitting lots of cool spots. Nice. BTW are you still paddling your woody custom and are you diggin' it? AND do you think the diesel will be a good creeker (like, lets say if you were paddling WS and the price was right)?
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Menges
Whats up!! How was Chile? You will have to give me a call soon. I am thinking of going down to the Animas on Sunday...maybe?? Lets paddle.

Yes, I am still using the Woody.paddle..I love it. He is going to be making three different models. A light comp weight, mid weight and a creeker. He has some new ideas and I think they will get even better. The cool part is he will make straight and bent shafts. He will also make whatever angle you prefer.

I think the Diesel is going to be the shizzel for nizzel. I paddled the small one down the Lower Meadow in WV and I loved it. I will definitely paddle the bigger version 75 gallons. I sat in one at the Wavesport factory and it is definitely a full on creek boat. And it paddles just like the small one. WS is going off right now...Menges you NEED to buy the ZG...it is killing every other boat out there. I think the only other that might even come close to it is the Necky Vibe. Hands down the ZG is the best boat I have ever paddled.

Call me about paddling sometime soon.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004   #8

Cool Mark, I'll give you a call. Some of the CB boys are going to the Piedra on Wednesday and I'll be on that if i can get off work. Maybe the play in Durango is good right now??? I dont know. Yeah, I agree, it looks like WS is going off this year. Chile and Argentina were amazing....the trip was probably the best best thing i've ever done both boating wise and for other stuff. You GOTTA go next year!

Gimme a call if there's anything going off that I need to know about and I'll do the same. Welcome back to CO.

Peace.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004   #9

ski/kayak bum
Mengs
I might be interested in joining you guys on wed. give me some beta.

call me

later
aaron

Tags
ark