Ticket at gore takeout today - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-16-2007   #1
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Ticket at gore takeout today

Just wanted everyone to know that i got a ticket at the gore takeout today for not paying the day use fee that everyone is supposed to. My friend jake and i routed gore, i then hitch hiked shuttle to the put in, and drove to pump house. I didnt stop and pay the fee because my friend and i were just loading up our boats and then peacin out. As we were loading a park "law enforcer" pulled up and immediatley started questioning us about whether we had alcohol in the car(we are underage) he then asked if we had paid the day use fee, and i said no because we were just loading our boats and then we would be on our way, we didnt even park there while we were on the river, and it was our first time on the river( which it was for me but not for jake). He took my ID and issued us a citation of 50 dollars for failure to pay day use fee.

Just wanted everyone to know that paying 8 bucks is better than paying 50. Those guys clearly are out to get as many people as they can, so pay the fee unless you are feeling daring.

By The Way i paddled my new Jefe Grande today and it kicked ass, boofed well, manuevered well, the outfitting is like paddling a lazy boy.

http://rfkayakers.blogspot.com

have a good one

fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2007   #2

Boulder, Colorado
that sucks, that happened to me last year except we didn't get a ticket. I have been parking just outside of the pay sign and walking up (yeah i'm cheap) does anyone know if doing that is cool or can we still get a ticket there?
-Tom
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Unless it changed in the last couple of weeks, it is $3 for day use. And yes Tom, if you are parking way above the fee station to save 3 bucks you are pretty cheap. How do you get fuel to drive that big ol' suburban up there solo?

Dave

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2007   #4
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
it might be three, i just heard that it was 8 but im not sure
Old 09-16-2007   #5

Boulder, Colorado
yeah Dave the suburban isn't the greatest MPG machine out there, I think next year I will just buy the season pass, i think it is $15. but after oct 15th? (end of the season) I think parking is free.
-Tom
Old 09-16-2007   #6
EZ

Better Handle

Freddy NewQuench
EZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #7

Boulder / Tennessee, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Just to verify, it is 3 bucks to park there.

Where were you? Were you loading in a parking spot or were you in one of the "loading zones"? Car running or off?

It's my understanding that you are allowed to go load boats for free, but if you are doing it in the parking lot there really wouldn't be any way for them to tell if you are just stopping by or if you were actually parked there the whole time.
Gnarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007   #8

Boulder, Colorado
I was down by the water when it happened to me, at the top take out.
Old 09-16-2007   #9
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
i was at the middle loading space, my car was off but it was clear that we werent parked there, that we were just loading boats
Old 09-17-2007   #10
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
Send a message via AIM to acetomato
From what we've been told at other BLM/forrest sites, as soon as you pass that pay sign you are supposed to pay. It doesn't matter if you're just rollin' through.
I'm not sure I agree with it 100%, but that's what Park rangers have told us.
acetomato is offline   Reply With Quote