Thunder rubble and a double rainbow... - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-19-2010   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Thunder rubble and a double rainbow...

...not bad for a day on the rio.

I thought I would take a minute to geek out a little about a great day kayaking over the weekend. You know those days where you just are so happy to have such a sweet sport to be apart of? I didn't run anything epic, but man, I felt good. Good lines, good people, incredible weather...The thunder heads were rolling in when a friend said, "I'm pretty sure it's about to hail..." and, as if on queue, the hail began about 10 seconds later. The fatty rain drops/hail/sleet came down fast and hard and then we were treated to a double rainbow

My season started good and then got weird after a big water swim (main Salmon) that scared the skills and confidence right on out of me for a reasonably large part of the season...and I am so thankful that I did what I needed to do to feel good in my boat after that...which was step it down and work on some basic skills that I didn't realize I was falling so short on...Thank god for that swim...I have this feeling that if I hadn't had that, that I would have been trying to paddle some of the high water stuff that, in actuality, I had NO business being on.

I'm just feeling such positive energy from my day, over the weekend, that I thought I would spread it around. Its been a fun season and is no where near over for me

Anyone else have a good story...mellow, epic, ridiculous? Give it up!

Beth

P.S. I would add a picture of the double rainbow, but I don't know how...Anyone? Its in my iphoto.

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010   #2

Double Rainbow!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MX0D4oZwCsA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MX0D4oZwCsA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

embed probably wont work so here's the link:

craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Nice! Too funny!
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010   #4

Indian Hills, Colorado
Last year during the fine Clear Creek season one particular run was so filled with boof that the spray never settled and a boofing rainbow appeared. I've since been told that it was the gayest thing that's ever happened to kayaking.

...oh, and love the prine sig. man that guy's got it sussed.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #5

Boulder, Colorado
"...boofing rainbow appeared. I've since been told that it was the gayest thing that's ever happened to kayaking." Can't help but laugh at this.

I think the double rainbow song just got one up'd! HA!
and now...this ....

Thw Kayak Song (Ki-Yi-Yakin'In My Ki-Yi-Yak) by Duncan Wells
Old 07-19-2010   #6
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Wait! You have to watch them order!

It's almost like this post was a setup for the double rainbow guy. You have watch the original first though, then the remix:

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #7

Boulder, Colorado
That guys moaning and crying sound like Sean lee on his first trip to San Fransisco.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010   #8

Boulder, Colorado
These posts are cracking me up. Quality.
I have found myself watching the moaning and crying version several times. Dude is into it.
Old 07-20-2010   #9

Where ever I may be, New Mexico
SkaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010   #10

What does it mean?
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote