This is the guy suing rafters in CO ? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-23-2010   #1

Chaffee
This is the guy suing rafters in CO ?

Regarding the lawsuit going thru the state now of commercial rafting...

I'm sure this might be well known information, but I didn't realize we could just call this Lewis Shaw dude or send him a bunch of emails this easily...

New Developments

I'll be sure to send them some thoughtful emails...

Wilder on the Taylor

Denied:1up! Software ()

watahwatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010   #2

steamboat, Colorado
Looks like high water would wreck that bridge on the website pic. Maybe he will be on it at the time and require a raft rescue.
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #3

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
If you do send an email to Jackson Shaw, be sure to be respectful and avoid anything that could be construed as making threats. Shaw and his attorneys will use any evidence they can get their hands on to portray boaters in a negative light, so try not to give them any ammo. For that matter, I doubt an email, or even a million emails is going to change his mind about the path he's chosen, or for that matter that he'd even respond.

-In short - You'd just be wasting your time.
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010   #4

Bayfield, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I agree that direct contact would prove fruitless. If you follow the link on the site above and look at "Relationships" and "in the community" you will see the organizations that are basically the constituents of Jackson-Shaw. Some of those organizations look like they could share sympathy with boaters. Lets make them aware of what is going on their "partner"
ngeoym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #5

Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
What a lovely little retreat. Heck,I could see myself living here two months out of the year,perhaps. Maybe even three! I've already got my stainless steel appliances and granite countertops picked out. Don't you just love mountain living!!

Cheers
SYOTR
Ciao

BD
BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #6
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
the bridge has actually been there for a long time, im pretty sure the FS put it in way back in the day. its a bitch for rafts to get under at high water but most single person vessels can squeak through the left channel. there is a fun twisty rapid made out of fish dams just below that bridge that has some long back and forth manuvers in it, lots of fun, we call the rapid they all form fishermens bridge.

i dont see how this guy is planning to enforce his "exclusive river access". i plan on running that river same as i always have and anyone who wants to join me is welcome. this guy has a very skewed view on life, and im not going to let him push his skewed view of things into our backyard.
Old 03-23-2010   #7

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I guess I could understand this guy's point if rivers weren't limited, it's not like I can go buy a river and put it in my back yard. I get that he wants his land to be his but rivers must be shared, they are not a property, you cannot own the water running through anymore than you can own the fish that swim the river.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #8

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
you cant keep boaters from floating rivers.
no one owns the free flowing water. especially not landowners.
imagine if the mississippi or the ohio was shut down in sections because some asshole land owner thought it was rightfully his or her water.
what a joke.
Hayduke lives!
onefatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #9
Have paddled a Quest

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetotheflyrod View Post
If you do send an email to Jackson Shaw, be sure to be respectful and avoid anything that could be construed as making threats. Shaw and his attorneys will use any evidence they can get their hands on to portray boaters in a negative light, so try not to give them any ammo. For that matter, I doubt an email, or even a million emails is going to change his mind about the path he's chosen, or for that matter that he'd even respond.

-In short - You'd just be wasting your time.
I second that.