Thieves on the Poudre - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-06-2018   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Thieves on the Poudre

Turns out there are some dick holes hanging out on the Poudre. I cracked a boat today. And in the 5 minutes we left it, my paddle, and some other gear on the side of the road to run shuttle, someone nicked it all.

Careful with your gear out there.

Also, if anyone sees a carbon Werner paddle with CANNON and my phone number on it, please give me a shout.

scannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2018   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by scannon View Post
Turns out there are some dick holes hanging out on the Poudre. I cracked a boat today. And in the 5 minutes we left it, my paddle, and some other gear on the side of the road to run shuttle, someone nicked it all.

Careful with your gear out there.

Also, if anyone sees a carbon Werner paddle with CANNON and my phone number on it, please give me a shout.
That really sucks man.

First, everyone thinks of the area as Fort Collins (not that foco is that safe), its not. I grew up there, I went to school at CLP, I learned to swim in the poudre, and I can tell you that the area has plenty of meth heads and shit bags. The boating community is always a safe bet, in my experience, but the fact remains you are in rural Northern Colorado and skecthy people live there.

The unfortunate truth is your gear probably got jacked by someone who doesn't know how to use it, or where to sell it. It will get lost to the sands of time, and the culprits will likely go free.

We have a spare boat that you are welcome to use until you find something else.

PM me if you would like to use it.
El-Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018   #3

Ft Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1973
Mr Brit. It's Bryan. The guy who boated with you. I am still disturbed by this and so sorry for the violation. I agree with El Butcher. I have been boating the Poudre for forty years and the culture has changed. Some has been positive and some is the culture of dick holes. Watch your stuff and pick up us scary looking hitchhikers
maddog61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
About 10 years ago, we were enjoying a post run beer in our lawn chairs down by rivers edge, and someone yanked my EZG out of the back of my pickup truck, only about a 100 feet away. They left some assorted gear, so I assume it was a snatch and run move. I also think most thefts are by non-boaters who see an opportunity, but then have no idea how to fence the stuff. I always record the serial number of my boats, and made inquires on Craig's list, etc, but never found that boat again.

Maddog, 40 years on the Poudre? Me too. I assumed anyone boating there for 40 years would be in the old folks home by now, or worse. Keep it up!
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote