The Water is MUDDY here in BV!!!!!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-30-2007   #1

The next zone, .
The Water is MUDDY here in BV!!!!!!!

Just looked out the old window and saw that the river (ark) is quite muddy! This can only happen if Harv and crew are in there gettin it done!!!

I love the spring in BV - On days like today I can ride BC pow laps until my legs hurt then I get to come home and check out what old #4 looks like! #4 is the latest in the line up that is the BV whitewater park. 3 new spots since last Sept. 4 total will be ready for this season.

With Pubelo dumping all the water out of Clear Creek, snowpack close to 100%, and about 2 feet of new snow around here in the last week - things are looking good for the spots to be kickin into the last week of Aug.

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Ah, sweet music to my ears.
Old 03-30-2007   #3

In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
I would like to place an order for cold weather, huge snowstorms, and very little run-off between now and May 10th.......RDNEK, could you please make sure and speak with whoever is in charge of these things and make sure it happens? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zach
kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007   #4

Student, Durango
Man I was goin to spend the summer in Durango, but it looks like its goin to be sic season in the Ark Valley and considering the snowpack is shit down here, I might just have to go back to good ol' BV for the summer.
Schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #5

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Just looked out the old window and saw that the river (ark) is quite muddy! This can only happen if Harv and crew are in there gettin it done!!!
already got shut down by high flows. we were flooded out this morning. I can honestly say over the last year I have had my ass handed to me up in BV. but BOR says they are taking 100 out next week so we will be hard at as soon as that happens. Tuesday most likely.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #6

The next zone, .
I know Harv the last couple years it has been a warm spring. Hopefully they will cut back that 100 cfs. We went up there last night and I like where #4 will be. I am sure you guys will do your best to get it in.

Also if you get the chance let me know and maybe thurs or friday or sat of this week we can get a BC day out.

Harv need to make it out at least once this year! The last 3 days have been epic in the BC - Friday the pow was balls deep, cold, and very light - got in 10 or so laps of 1200' vert (super new secret spot) - Sat it settled a bit and the light was super flat. We went to another "new" area and the road was melted out - sleds broke - I crashed a sled - the new guy got stuck about 1 million times - only got in 2 lines in very steep chutes. Sunday was great - 15 + laps at the same place where we started on friday. White wine, fresh smoked salmon from my bro in AK, and sunny. If we get another snow call me and we will add you to the crew.
Old 04-02-2007   #7

Salida, Colorado
Quote:
White wine, fresh smoked salmon from my bro in AK, and sunny. If we get another snow call me and we will add you to the crew.
huh? White wine, salmon? Who is this using RDNEK's user name? Stop f-ing with me. PBR, Crown and Ball Parks I would believe. Either you two have become yuppies or it is a bit nippy this morning in hell.

anyway...yeah lets do it. I would be down for some corn as well. I will stop by this week while I am up there. Maybe we can get out for an afternoon.

BOR says the water will be down by the end of the day today. Hope to be at it tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2007   #8

The next zone, .
Ball Park Franks and Crown - Come on Harvey you know us normal is jim beam (comes in a super cool plastic bottle) and steaks as thick as your wrist cut from a local elk or heffer!

The salmon is a great story - my neighbor is a AK native and lives here only in the winter (first guy i know to do this) and leaves all summer to fish and he needs to stay a AK resident. Well he comes home with about 500lbs of salmon every year!

Then this is the redneck part - he sits outside on warm days and smokes 40 lbs at a wack. Drinks warm misterbreaw the entire time (I have seen him down over 20 in a day - no shit). By 3 pm he is loaded! This is when you hit him up for some "bellies" mmmmmmmm soooo goood! After a couple of beers and eating all the "bellies" that I can - I trade him pound for pound elk for salmon - i get 5 to 10 lbs of the good smoked stuff each week this time of year. He is leaving in a couple of weeks for the summer and has to eat/smoke all he brough back before he leaves. He takes the Elk steaks to AK for summer eatin.

Thursday PM is the first time that I can get out - I will swing by and say hi.

Snell get you ars back up here - we still have a couple of rapids to knock out on lake! Don't get drug down by that Durango crew - come back where the water is good!
Old 04-02-2007   #9

Salida, Colorado
Ok, Ok, see I knew there was more to it. I am just saying it sounded a little off when I was trying to picture you and Cobi having a little picnic to the sweet smell of 2 stroke.