The perfect camping spot? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-21-2007   #1

Avon, of mind?
The perfect camping spot?

This might be a tall order - but I have no doubt that this is the prefect place to fill it. I am looking for the perfect spot to have a pretty big camping (beers in the woods) party. The closer to Golden the better, and unfortunatley, with this group of friends, boating is not a necessity (grammar is out too). However, it would be nice to know that we could drink and sing and dance and.... without disturbing anyone, or having a visit from people in blue or green uniforms. We will have 6-10 cars, and 25+ people, but I expect the sleeping to get pretty friendly - maybe 10 tents, maybe people passed out on the ground - we'll see. There's a case of beer in it for the best spot - and maybe an invite too...

cheers

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2007   #2

For what you are planning, how about the parking lot of a Walmart?

I don't think there is any place in the summer in Colorado where you can have a loud drunken party that won't bother someone else.

Actually, there are some "group only" campsites by reservation. Perhaps you can find some of those, and perhaps reserve all 2 or 3 so you have the whole thing to yourself.
cstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #3

Canon City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav212 View Post
This might be a tall order - but I have no doubt that this is the prefect place to fill it. I am looking for the perfect spot to have a pretty big camping (beers in the woods) party. The closer to Golden the better, and unfortunatley, with this group of friends, boating is not a necessity (grammar is out too). However, it would be nice to know that we could drink and sing and dance and.... without disturbing anyone, or having a visit from people in blue or green uniforms. We will have 6-10 cars, and 25+ people, but I expect the sleeping to get pretty friendly - maybe 10 tents, maybe people passed out on the ground - we'll see. There's a case of beer in it for the best spot - and maybe an invite too...

cheers
There are some really good camp sites on the colorado rive below gore canyon if you put in at pumphouse
wba2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2007   #4

Durango, Colorado
Just find someone with a large enough piece of private land that's cool enough to accept a bribe for letting you stay on their land... easier said than done, but I'm sure you can find it if you try
storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #5

C. Springs, Colorado
We hold caver parties up Deep Creek road at a spot called Willow Peak. It's before you get to the coffee pot campground. Deep Creek road is by Dotsero. Under 75 people and you don't need a permit. We've had a live band up there a couple of times......no problem. This is on top of the Flat Tops, so it gets cold up there at night.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #6

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav212 View Post
This might be a tall order - but ...(snippage)

cheers
I have some friends that do one of those every year up above Nederland near Tennessee Mountain. Plenty of room for a bunch of tents and there is probably already a fire pit. I think you need a 4 WD or high clearance vehicle to get there. I can't remember the exact forest road numbers but it's off west magnolia road. You drive up kinda high and then back into some tree's. You could slobber all night without bothering anyone. I could take you there or maybe point it out on a map.

Caveat:
Don't leave a big fire pit full of trash.
That area is under stress 4WD, Motorcycles ,MTB, Shooters, paintballers, horses ....... But in the evening most people leave except for the few people in designated campsites at lower elevations.