Old 12-01-2008   #1

The "Green Jacket"!!!

You have been waiting.....
We have been waiting......

Well Wait no more!!!!!!

I just opened the box...

They are for real and here!!!

Come in and check out the "Green Jacket"
And bring in those Ski's and Boards that need tuning now that it has snowed, I need something to do till the run off comes!!!!

Scott
Confluence Kayaks & Telemark
303-433-3676

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008   #2

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
worth the wait?
hkbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #3

for sure!

I just picked one up while I was out at the whitewater center in charlotte, and have since taken it for a couple test drives up and down the east coast and I love the thing. doesn't feel real bulky and tons of awesome features! the least you could do would be to go try one on and see for yourself but I love mine
kayakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008   #4

Here is the review of it
Green Jacket | Colorado Kayak Supply Blog
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Did they deal with the "ridding up" issue that occurred with the Astral 300? I would constantly be pushing it down and readjusting the shoulder strap/string things and it got really annoying. Also, the shoulder strap strings would come loose pretty easily, so I hope they figured that out too. I would love to hear if you think those things were remedied.

JH
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #6

Yes

All new harness system that is similar to the Willis. So no more cranking it all the way down and still having it ride up on you. It is much improved and yes I would say remedied. Plus they have 3 sizes now for a closer fit.
Astral Green Jacket
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #7

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Will you tell me about the elastic section in the back? What's the deal with that?
Old 12-03-2008   #8

Teacher, Fort Collins, Colorado
Rib Protection??

I haven't tried one of these on yet, but does anyone know how much protection the green jacket gives the ribcage? I had two nasty rib injuries this season, with the last one coming from a rock that got me just above the limit of coverage from my aquavest 300. I'm sure there are others of you out there who have had rib shots like this--they suck, and make for mandatory time off! If this thing gives good rib protection, then it would we worth the price if that means I don't have two miss 3 weeks of boating to recover...
Buckrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #9

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Looks like its got more protection just from looking at the pictures, but I'd be curious to see what they have done to combat that kind of stuff too. I know a couple of the European ones have plastic plates in them for that purpose, or at least extra padding.

JH
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #10

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
flotection

When we ere designing the Greenjacket we wanted to give it some additional protection compared to the rest of the jackets on the market. After paddling the protos and samples for a year now I'm a big fan of is the back "flo-tection," that's our name for this technology. Basically its a layers of Nylon, a layer of PE Foam with thin plastic surrounding it, covered in a layer of Cordura material on the outside for abrasion resistance. Its a bit beveled so that when you paddle or swim you don't even notice the padding being there. Its sweet to set your boat on when you're carrying. The idea is to protect the bony parts of the back, the scapula I think its called. I could really see this coming in handy getting flipped on a slide or being upside down in a boulder garden. The yoke (top) is a bit higher in the back than on the Aquavest 300 so you get some extra protection there as well. The sides also have flotection with 2 layers of Cordura, 2 layers of foam, and again the Ballistic material. The inner (lower) foam panel wraps the rib cage to meet the side wings providing additional protection for your ribs and organs.