The Ark Flows - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-05-2005   #1

The Ark Flows

I was going to be down at the CKS boat swap this weekend and I was wondering if the "Water Gods" Were expected to smile down on us and actually allow some water out of the reserveroirs.
Thanks
Carl Larson

Clarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Probably should look for a smile from Mother Nature.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005   #3

C.O.
The exact high water peak will be 3,672 cfs.

I know this because although I am not a "Water God", I do indeed meet the criteria and definition of a god. I recently started a church too, Church of Ed & Water Forcast. (CEWF) Not to be confused with FOTF (Focus on the Family) That is some self-appointed demigog of American sensibility... but that is another subject.

Anyway, Please go to my website: www.giveyourdollarstome.com IF it's not up yet, wait for it and send $14.95 for my forcast services and once I have enough for a temple, I will then also post next years peak flow. If I get enough for temples in Costa Rica and New Zealand, (for my perviously mentioned church that my also be used by me for private hedonistic vacations) then I shall reveal the peaks for the rest of my life, or until I decide to move to Mexico where no one can trace me or your--- er-- MY money.

If I was able to foretell the future I would place all my energy into lottery numbers. What kind of response were you expecting? The current reservoir levels and snowpack %s speak for themselves if you do a little checking.
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2005   #4

All I was saying was snowpack levels are above 100 % on the Ark. The 25 year averages are aproximately double the current flow. I wasn't looking for the peak flow; I was only concerned about a release THIS weekend because of the swap and the vast number of paddlers that will be in town. But thanks for the insight into the all powerful mind of Ed Hansen.
Thanks again
Carl
Clarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
Hey Clarson, its based on snow melt, its been cold now its not. It wont be up by this weekend. Watch the gauges like the rest of us.

Hey Ed, I went to the link cause I am convinced you are god and I wanted to give you all my money but the darn link was bad. Now I am lost.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #6

C. Springs, Colorado
I heard the damns will not be opening their gates till the middle of May, due to the fishies and fishiemen.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #7

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Sounds like we need to make offerings to the Church of Ed & Water Forecast!

Ed - do you take MC, & visa, or do you prefer nubile virgins?

All Praise Ed!

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #8

C.O.
Okay, first off, sorry if I was in one of those moods yesterday. On Thursdays I work a really shitty unit. So I kinda went off and posted a smart-assed response.

Due to the (Cattis?) fly hatches, the upstream reservoir's won't start dumping till after mid may. The best water will after Memorial Day. My previous post will enlighten as to why I know this. (I was in that same unit today so there's still some smart ass in me today.)

Andy: Keep the virgins, I like the older experienced ones, especially ones with kids because obviously those ones put out, right?
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark