Thanks for all the great posts-Tao Berman - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-07-2008   #1

Hood River, Washington
Thanks for all the great posts-Tao Berman

Let me start out by saying I really appreciate all of your responses. Not just the nice ones, also some of the others. I don't mind being criticized as long as it's for something logical. Anyone that stands for something is going to have fans and critics, and I'm ok with that.
Let's clear a few things up about me.
I am cocky. I think you are going to have a hard time finding anyone successful that isn't. Cocky and confidence are often synonymous.
I don't shy away from publicity. I love my career and the only way I've found to continue making money paddling is to continue getting publicity. If any of you want to pay me a lot of money to not get publicity I'll do it.

Below I'm quoting what someone wrote in an earlier thread because I very much agree with it.
"between special interest groups, big money, and congress people’s egos, very little change/benefits trickles down to “we the people”.

I'm completely agree with the quote above and that is part of why I've chosen to run for office. I thought as appose to just complaining about all the problems I would get involved and try to make a difference. Now I'm not being naive. I know that even if elected, I may find out that it's to corrupt to change. But I would rather try and fail than fail by not trying.

You can learn more about my campaign at Tao Berman | Tao Berman
If anyone wants to donate to my campaign click on the "donations" tab. I've been having some technical problems with my online donations so you may have to send a check to the listed PO Box.

Thanks again for all the great replies.

Tao

taob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
So how would a person get to Hood River, Washington? Is it a state of mind rather than an actual place?
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #3

Indian Hills, Colorado
Perhaps Tao is referring to the geographical locality. After all, the Hood River separates Washington and Oregon.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008   #4

Hood River, Washington
White Salmon WA

Sorry about saying I live in Hood River. I live in White Salmon, WA, which is about five minutes from Hood River, OR.
I almost never make posts, and that is why I made a mistake filling out my user profile.
For years I've been asked where I live by the media, and I have always said around the Hood River area. If I said White Salmon they would ask me where that is. Then I would have to tell them it's near Hood River.

Tao
taob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #5

Durango, Colorado
Actually, the Columbia separates the two states. The Hood River is a tributary. I'm thinking we got us an imposter. But hey, I'm no expert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOrion View Post
Perhaps Tao is referring to the geographical locality. After all, the Hood River separates Washington and Oregon.
Old 08-07-2008   #6

the fort, Colorado
i know a lot of people who are successful at what they do (for work and play) that aren't cocky. they don't have to go hand in hand.
Old 08-07-2008   #7

Indian Hills, Colorado
Sorry about that...my map was turned upside down.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #8

Durango, Colorado
I'm not here to play "gotcha" with anybody... though it might seem that way. I think it's great that a boater wants to be involved in the political process. Our country absolutely needs some new blood in politics if we're going to recover from the mess BushCo has gotten us into.
Old 08-07-2008   #9

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
the only mess is the flip flopping americans including the obomonator
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #10

Durango, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
the only mess is the flip flopping americans including the obomonator
So you're "pleased" with the state of the nation that Bush/Cheney have left? Really?