texans - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-28-2006   #1

texans

I'm sorry Andy, I couldn't resist.

Part of the allure to a forum like this is the ability to speak your mind and not be censured, to a point. Shutting down a useless thread is counter-productive in the long wrong. As for the "administration/advisory team", I've had enough of Lumburg, TPS Reports and other corporate mumbo-jumbo. If I need that I'll go to work more often.

Bye the way, how do you get time to post while travelling the world, may I guess a ghost writer. I'm from Ohio and I hate Michiganders.......and Texans!

teamamericawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006   #2

You can't hate Texans 'til you know Texans. Who do you know, Ohio?
oopsyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #3

Love for your homeland is on one end of the see-saw, and hatred for the outsider is on the other.

Broaden your mind. And it will balance out.
oopsyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006   #4

My husband is pure Texan, kept his license plate on as long as possible, has a Texan flag on his truck, and listens to Robert Earl Keen like it is going out of style. He's maybe too Texan. I will tell you this, though, he is more "man" than most all of the cool-daddio Colorado boys I have ever met.

I have been reading this website since I started kayaking last Spring, but couldn't sit quiet on this one when it got ugly towards people from TX.

Repeat after me: "A state is just a state, let's try not to hate".

Also: "Love your brother and your mother then make room to love another"

Also, be careful what you wish for. I would hate to see timmay call the bluff of one of our own and come up here and start throwing fists around. Knowing how guys from Texas are, he'd be up here to clip dreadlocks and step on Birkenstocks. They don't play around down there. I bet the unlucky one of you guys would take a class V ass-whupping from a class III boater. I'd leave well enough alone and not taunt him, but that's just my under-testosteroned opinion. You guys flex nuts if you have to, though.

I enjoy reading the website. Please, Andy, don't censor it anymore!
Lyn_Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #5

Duhrango
OK, I gotta pitch in here.

Texans are like flies - they eat shit and bother people.
Old 06-29-2006   #6

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I've been annoyed by plenty of people from all the coolest places and met great folks from all parts too.

It don't matter where you're from, what matters is where you are now and you're going (metaphorically speaking).

--A
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Well, Lyn, I wouldn't be tooting your horn too loud about your Texas husband and dissing the Colorado men because look where you are from!

Farmington, New Mexico. When I first went through Farmington, I thought I had left the US and entered a refugee camp. You have to have USA on your license plates just so people don't confuse you with Mexico, which is understandable because most of the time there is very little difference. You come up here, steal our gas (Read Durango Herald Blotter), drive recklessly (San Juan County has one of the highest insurance rates in the country), think you are Raiders Fans (btw-they play in Oakland, CA), you have more murders in your town each year than Durango has in 25 years, randon stabbings, drive-bys in city parks, polluted water, more junk yards per capita than anywhere, who doesn't have a DWI/DUI and a meth problem from there?. Have you ever heard of selling new funiture in your stores? Wal-mart doesn't even trust you to have Self Checkout! You like to drive all over our private property with those stupid oversize trucks in a caravan and those pick-ups with the little orange flags so we can see you coming.
Etc, Etc. I am sure people can add much more to this list.

Actually, I am kidding. Just wanted to start on New Mexico when I saw where you were from.
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer
OK, I gotta pitch in here.

Texans are like flies - they eat shit and bother people.
Come on at least put a little effort into it.
maximumbob2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #9

I can tell you for a fact that Timmay is nobody to mess with. He is around 6'3 and 250. Probably eat a few of you in one bite if he wasn't such a good-hearted, kind, peaceful fella. He is actually a nice guy.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #10

Now that I have made my first post and have gotten berated about my geographic location, I kind of feel like my cherry just got popped all over again. Mamma like.
Lyn_Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote