Team Dagger site is up. - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-05-2006   #1

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Team Dagger site is up.

At long last www.teamdagger.com is up and running. It has been in the works for some time but as I sit here inputting more and more information I feel it is ready to go so.... here it is. We will still have the dagger.com site but with the new site I will be able to post updates, images, info,have a whitewater calander (mail me if you have an event you would like to see on the calander) and reply to questions. The "contact us" should mail me directly so I can personally respond to your questions and comments. It is still a work in progress so be patient with me. This is my first web site and web managment but I think I am ready. If you have any comments please contact me at [email protected] so I can make this the best site possible. I will add more features in the future and tweak it more as well. I will post more images but if you have a cool shot of you in your Dagger boat send it to me with a description and I will get it up for the World to see! Send photos 1MB (1000KB) or smaller to the same email above and I will get you in there. Thanks for the support and hope you like the new site.

Paddle,
hobie
Dagger Kayaks

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006   #2

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
Nice work Hobie, this site is cool and some good photos and reading content, it kept me entertained....

Hey I have a Dagger question for team D:

How will the Agent compare to the Crazy 88 and Dagger boats of the past?....the CKS customers want to know.

thanks,

Bryan at CKS
www.coloradokayak.com
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #3

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Glad you like it. I just added a link to Dagger Europe you should check out. They have a great site with really good images.
As for the Agent it is a totally different boat. For one thing a double release edge. Much different from the 88. Carves well but releases very smooth and loose on a wave. The volume distribution is another big change. It has more volume around the hips and ass but retains a slicy bow and stern. This helps the boat preform really well in holes and also makes for one sweet ride down river, very forgiving. The Agent is a very versatile boat. Take the World cup as an example as to the variety it will handle. It made finals on the Ottawa, then Hole Brothers, then Rock Island. With the added volume around the cockpit of the stern and the forgiving back end it makes it perform like no other. I am a bit heavy these days and had found the stern of any boat I paddled grabbed and tripped me up. The Agent is still slicy and stubby but that volume distribution is awesome. The hull is still fast (wait till you see the ad in AW of Alex doing a no paddle air screw at the M Wave about 5 feet off the deck) for waves but the way it is designed makes it rock shallow holes and again, it sits proper for big water runs. I have paddled it all summer and did not get in my 88 since it arrived. Another reason is comfort. we waited till after OR to send it to the mold maker so we could get as many people as possible in it to make sure it is the most comfortable boat on the market. Plus it comes in three sizes. 6.0 (small paddlers), 6.2 (medium and "tweeners" paddlers), and 6.4 for the big boys or medium paddlers that want to paddle a bigger boat. everywhere we take it people are falling in love with it. No hype, just one truly bad to the bone boat that will have enough hull speed to catch any wave, buoyancy to be wicked fun in a hole, slicy enough to have fun in the flats, and a boat I will for sure give Upper Death another go in. And it is dry! No holes below the water line and the new cockpit rim. New back band that is meant to last, real grab handles, and all the little stuff we want. i am more then stoked on this boat. They will sell well but more importantly a boat I love to paddle and can sit in all day without cursing my feet.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006   #4

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
Thanks Hobie, nice breakdown on the boat, the agent sounds like it will be a killer boat and 3 sizes is awesome too.

Bryan at CKS
www.coloradokayak.com
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote