swift water rescue - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-09-2014   #1

Breckenridge, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
swift water rescue

i am a kayaker in Breck. who would recommend me some courses and what instructors are the best out there? Prefer to be fairly local

Thanks for the input

Jo

paddleprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014   #2

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 93
check out
https://sierrarescue.com
courses all over the place. Depending on what you do there are different courses. I have taken the Whitewater rescue, because I work and play on rivers and don't have all the access to all the rescue gear land based agencies carry. There is also a great kayaker rescue class. Check the website out and talk with Julie, I have taken several classes from her and work on the river with her once in a while. AWESOME People
topbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #3

Toyota pickup, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Swiftwater

Go speak with Rivers Clothing and Kodi Rafting in Frisco. I know they offer classes through Sawatch Search and Rescue all over Colorado in and around May. There class is great and you will learn a lot of good information.
rollo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014   #4

Rifle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
swiftwater rescue class

Colorado Mountain College's Glenwood Springs campus is offering an ACA Level 4 Whitewater Rescue class, May 16-18. Cost is 1 credit hr ($56 in CMC's district) and a $76.50 supplemental fee. Registration begins April 21. Call 970-945-7486 and ask about the OUT 140 Whitewater Rescue class. It will be taught by Kelly Corbin, Kevin Sturmer, and John Anticito; all excellent instructors. Took the class myself two seasons ago. Cheers.
DrBigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014   #5

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Jo, in my opinion Bill Dvorak has the best SWT classes in the region and have courses coming up end of this month and again in May and August.

Instructional Course - Swiftwater Rescue - Dvorak Expedition
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014   #6

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
2014 Swiftwater Rescue Courses

Sawatch Rescue is offering Rescue 3 International and ACA private boater and river guide specific swiftwater rescue courses.

Each having more than 25 years of river rescue experience, our Instructors specialize in teaching rescuers to operate safely in high-risk environments. The courses we teach are developed and certified by the global leaders in swiftwater rescue.

Our comprehensive rescue courses put the emphasis on identifying risks, self rescue and low-risk options for self rescue and rescuing others. We offer competitive pricing and exceptional customer service.

We are currently taking reservations for the following courses:

• May 19-21 Whitewater Rescue Technician / Swiftwater Rescue Technician – Unit 1, hosted by Kodi Rafting and Wilderness Aware Rafting, Buena Vista
• May 24-26 Whitewater Rescue Technician / Swiftwater Rescue Technician – Unit 1, hosted by Rocky Mountain Adventures, Ft, Collins
• May 27-29 Whitewater Rescue Technician / Swiftwater Rescue Technician – Unit 1, hosted by Clear Creek Rafting, Idaho Springs
• June 6-8 Whitewater Rescue Technician / Swiftwater Rescue Technician – Unit 1, hosted by Sawatch Rescue location TBD (most likely the Blue or Arkansas River)

The course dates and information are also available at: Rescue 3 International and the American Canoe Association.

For questions, additional information or to reserve your space on a course, email us at [email protected] or call at 719-221-6716

Please contact us to register or if you have any questions!
Sawatch Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014   #7

Toyota pickup, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Sawatch search and rescue

I took Sawatch search and rescues class a few years ago and plan on the rescue 3 refresher this year. They are in you area and do an amazing job.
rollo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014   #8

Buena Vista, CO
Send a message via AIM to Rocky Mtn Outdoor Center
RMOC will be hosting an ACA SWR course at PaddleFest 2014. This course is designed for the everyday paddler, with a focus on small craft like kayaks, duckies, and SUP. Click here for details.
Rocky Mtn Outdoor Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014   #9

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Anyone know of a class around the Steamboat/Vail area?
SteamboatBORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
Hey Jo, in my opinion Bill Dvorak has the best SWT classes in the region and have courses coming up end of this month and again in May and August.

Instructional Course - Swiftwater Rescue - Dvorak Expedition
I second this. Dvorak's class is very thorough.
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote