Sweet Full Face - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-31-2010   #1

Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
Sweet Full Face

So I tried on a Sweet Full Face at Idaho River Sports in Boise. One thing I was wondering is do they have fit kits because it seemed to lack padding on the inside. I do how ever love the sweet full face, the med/large almost fit (that is all they had.) So I am sure the Large/XLarge will fit. If any one has pics of the inside of the helmets please post. I know that people seem to be extremely satisfied with them it just seems with a lack of padding at the top of the helmet a blow to the head could hurt a lot more.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010   #2

The Bitterroot, Montana
seems like a lot of money for a helmet. I know your head is worth money but the Shred Ready full face is 1/3 of the coin.
montuckyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #3

Farmington, Utah
I don't like the way shredready fits. Plus the sweet looks way better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010   #4

dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I agree, the Sweet helmets are way better fitting than many of the alternatives and the only company that makes a quality helmet in a small shell size (yes I know about the small WRSI and the Vixen but I don't like the fit). They are expensive, but my last helmet lasted 10 years...maybe this one will too. The cost over 10 years is pretty trivial. I kinda have a beef with helmet manufacturers because of the "one size" fits no-one options that are around now. When I got my my other helmet years ago, they used to make different shell sizes which was freaking awesome b/c you could get a good fit right out of the box and then tweak it with a little foam. I really don't like the idea of having an ill-fitting helmet that I then attempt to make fit my head by putting in a bunch of foam shims.
chepora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #5

Farmington, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by chepora View Post
I agree, the Sweet helmets are way better fitting than many of the alternatives and the only company that makes a quality helmet in a small shell size (yes I know about the small WRSI and the Vixen but I don't like the fit). They are expensive, but my last helmet lasted 10 years...maybe this one will too. The cost over 10 years is pretty trivial. I kinda have a beef with helmet manufacturers because of the "one size" fits no-one options that are around now. When I got my my other helmet years ago, they used to make different shell sizes which was freaking awesome b/c you could get a good fit right out of the box and then tweak it with a little foam. I really don't like the idea of having an ill-fitting helmet that I then attempt to make fit my head by putting in a bunch of foam shims.
It just seemed that the only thing between the plastic, and your head was a thin piece of foam. I know there is a space between the plastic on inside, and the carbon fiber shell. How does that padding do in cushioning a blow to the head?
Old 08-01-2010   #6

kayaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster View Post
So I tried on a Sweet Full Face at Idaho River Sports in Boise. One thing I was wondering is do they have fit kits because it seemed to lack padding on the inside. I do how ever love the sweet full face, the med/large almost fit (that is all they had.) So I am sure the Large/XLarge will fit. If any one has pics of the inside of the helmets please post. I know that people seem to be extremely satisfied with them it just seems with a lack of padding at the top of the helmet a blow to the head could hurt a lot more.
The foam liner that Sweet uses has awesome impact absorption. Unfortunately tested! But yes they do come with a padding kit that has some thin pads to fine tune the fit. I know we've got em at Alpine Quest Sports and we will be having our swap/sale next weekend. Give em a shout 970-926-3867

hope this helps
Ross
ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #7

Fulford, Colorado
The Sweet Full Face is DEFINATELY worth the money. You dont even know you are wearing a helmet at all and the brim padding on the forehead keeps you nice and warm in colder water. The helmet comes with a good amount of peel and stick padding to dial the fit. As soon as i figure out how to post pictures from my phone i will post pictures of mine padded out.
Cheers!
elcaposwimteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #8

Farmington, Utah
Thanks to everyone. I don't mind spending the money after all you only get one skull, and brain. And not losing teeth or breaking a jaw on the river has its fair share of benefits I wish I could get one in Flash Blue to match my boat, but I guess I will have to settle with Gloss White.
Old 08-01-2010   #9

other side, of the mountain
Paddling Since: 1994
"Flash Blue"?? Dontcha mean Baby Blue?
Smurfwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #10

Farmington, Utah
Hey man my boat is ICE BLUE not baby blue and their helmet is Flash Blue but hey, they are close enough to baby blue