SW boaters need your help - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-14-2006   #1

SW boaters need your help

The Fort Lewis KayakerÂ’s are hosting a fund raiser that will hopefully send us to Mexico for some world class plop and drop. The fundraiser will consist of food, beer, kayak videos, and a silent auction. We are looking for any one who feels generous enough to make donations to the club. We are also looking for used gear or anything that could be auctioned. If you are a business owner and feel like making a donation from your business please contact Ben at 303-263-5878 or e-mail at [email protected]. Thank you for helping your local boating community.

Stay tuned for more details!
:P

Dano the mano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006   #2
KT

Translation: I would like to go on vacation - please send money.

RCRE is also holding a fundraiser for a CA tour this spring - we can offer nothing in return other than the warm fuzzy feeling you get knowing you have helped a seemingly undeserving crew go paddle and drink whiskey.
KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #3
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
how about this. you guys contact me and i will donate a raft trip with 4 corners whitewater for your auctions.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006   #4

on your sister, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT
Translation: I would like to go on vacation - please send money.

RCRE is also holding a fundraiser for a CA tour this spring - we can offer nothing in return other than the warm fuzzy feeling you get knowing you have helped a seemingly undeserving crew go paddle and drink whiskey.
no joke. Personally, I hope people go up and read those stickies at the top of this forum right now and help someone else besides you,dano.

you guys need to get more creative if you want people to pay for your vacation in mexico...i worked with a gal who plays rugby at the national level...lots of hotels,plane tickets,ect. so the all female team does a mud wrestling contest among the team in cooperative bars. bars make a ton off drinks and they pull down 3k a night in fundraising...
tuberslickmysweatyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #5

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Slimy rugger chicks writhing all over eachother? Strangely erotic but...have you seen rugger chicks?

Of the two appeals for donation I would be much more likely to give KT some cash, had I any. The honesty approach works best when you're asking for dukats for a not-so-worthy cause. Once in Manhattan a hobo had a sign on cardboard that said "Need money for booze and a hooker". His cup overfloweth.

So, when shamelessly asking folks to pay for your vacation, throw in the promise of some debotchery. Maybe say you'll kill a Mexican prostitute and bury her in the desert or get ahold of some peyote or something.
Old 11-15-2006   #6

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Dano-

Try talking to our female ruggers (which are not bad looking at all). Between their mud wrestling and lingerie (sp??) show they raised $1500.
That would go a ways in Mexico as long as your club looks good in bikinis and bras. Way to go Fallen Angels!

Now the shameless plug: Durango Rhinos and the Fallen Angels are playing this Saturday at the Riverview Sports Complex at noon. If you live near Durango, come support your local ruggers!
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #7

legend
i think i'll donate some money to my own paddling trips. You guys are on your own.
N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #8

San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Begging

Imagine a Fort Lewis sports club needing money...... This may be one of the only places in the country where students can pan handle money from businesses and individuals for boating, climbing, and skiing trips, and get away with it. Last time FLC climbing club was looking for donations to take a trip to Europe and Africa? for a trip. Thing is most of these people I see asking for trip money have all new shiny toys attached to their even newer & shinier SUVs.
One idea may be to auction off service that YOU provide. Do a slide show, teach some little kids to paddle, Rake an old lady's yard, clean up the river through town, etc... I know that Fort Lewis Climbing club helped a remote village work on infrastructure as part of their trip. Maybe you guys should look into some volunteer work in Mexico.
Most people I know have a creative way to pay for extended river trips, they suck up for a few weeks, work their ass off and travel cheap.
I hope you guys get to take your trip! Send me a message I own a snow removal business and always need help during the winter

Scott
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote