Super slow buzz?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-16-2007   #1

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Super slow buzz??

Anyone else annoyed by how slow the buzz is lately? I know it isn't me and it is quite aggravating, I don't know but whatever machines connect.socialknowledge.net points at needs to speed it up.

tellutwurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007   #2

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellutwurp View Post
Anyone else annoyed by how slow the buzz is lately? I know it isn't me and it is quite aggravating, I don't know but whatever machines connect.socialknowledge.net points at needs to speed it up.
extremely and painfully slow for me over the last week or so. so much so that i don't come here nearly as often as i used to. seems to be just since the site was reconfigured, but really more so in the last week or 10 days. hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 04-16-2007   #3

Golden Paddling Since: 2005
I concur, shits moving SLOW lately. Hope they fix it soon I have short attention span and get distracted while waiting.
teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007   #4

Somewhere on, Earth
I restarted some services (MySQL and Web Server) and it should be faster now. If it is still slow, please post here so I can look at things in more detail.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Significantly better now. It has been borderline unusable for the last week or so.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #6
rhm

steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
i've not noticed that it is any slower, and it doesn't seem any faster now than last week. i am using a mac with osx, and surfing with safari.
rhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #7

Boatin', Colorado
It seems to me that the Buzz is back to being super slow. My connection is good and everything is loading quickly, just not the Buzz. It did seem it got faster when the services were restarted.

And what's up with the image verification on a simple search? I know it takes all of 3 seconds to complete, but just to do a forum search? By doing a search you're not giving away personal info or anything important, it's just a search. Is there really a need for image verification?
Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #8

Buzz is now again slow, yesterday (Tue.) is was faster but today it is slow again, over course it has to come all the way to Texas for me to get it so that maybe why.
flipover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #9

Redstone, CO
Paddling Since: 2000
Yep... it's super slow for me, too. About 15-20 secs for the main page or forum page to load.
Kendarflugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #10

Somewhere on, Earth
I just restarted the services again. Please send me an email to [email protected] if it slows down again. Usually I can monitor things and restart as needed but I am on vacation and dont have my laptop with me. So an email is the fastest way to get my attention. Thanks for helping me monitor this.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote