Super Sick Secret - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-09-2009   #1

Greeley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 84
Super Sick Secret

Greeley possesses some of the sickest drops in all of Weld County. The kayakers here not only run drops upside down through barbed wire, they also ride motorcycles, run chain saws, drink beer, screw women, and shoot the cans when they're done. The underground kayak society has known about this gem for years. They start outside Windsor and run to highway 85. If you have a big truck, a big gun, and a short and skinny penis, this is up your alley.

ericnourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009   #2

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
OK I'll bite. Since I came out of canoeing on the Platte and St. Vrain E of Longmont, you have made me wonder if there really are good drops out in Greely. Kayaks? Canoes? Certain run? Park and play? Worth the drive? Do dish. Trebor
Trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The poetry you schpeel in your post has me baffled that more people haven't responded.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009   #4
EZ

Off Topic

Awhile back you were recruiting for a Grand Canyon trip and got the customary MountainBuzz roasting for putting out some feelers.

How did it go? The Grand Canyon trip, I mean.
EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #5

Greeley, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
OK I'll bite. Since I came out of canoeing on the Platte and St. Vrain E of Longmont, you have made me wonder if there really are good drops out in Greely. Kayaks? Canoes? Certain run? Park and play? Worth the drive? Do dish. Trebor
OK Trebor, Thanks for the bite. The best wave I have ever seen is about 1 mile below Fort Collins during flood stage. 20 kayakers could fit on it. I was on it 10 years ago. The run through Greeley is crazy with red neck obstacles. When they open the gates, the water is pumping. You never know what is around the corner. E-
Old 06-11-2009   #6

Greeley, Colorado
EZ, I'm trying to mess with people. Good fun! I found a few good folks for my Grand Trip on the Buzz for June 4th, 2010. Mt. Buzz folks are a different breed. WOW! Love to play with those that think they get it, but don't.
Old 06-11-2009   #7

Only making the trip if they play dueling banjo's
SSOWDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Oh come on, wouldn't it be worth the drive just to paddle in a tornado?
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #9

Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
Sure there is plenty to be frustrated about on the buzz and there is a good number chuckleheads spouting off. I am really happy for you that you "get it" and in your own strange way are trying to enlighten us all, thank you for that.

Might I suggest however that you consider posting something productive for the greater good of our community once in a while? The sarcasm is great and all but there are plenty of folks on here looking for solid beta and since you have been paddling since 84 I am sure you have some. By your definition, since I bit on your post I am sure you consider me one of the folks who "don't get it". I am really hoping that your attempt at sarcasm has just been confused by my small mind as cynicism and that you aren't as annoying and abrasive as I have made you out to be.

Nothing kills a good river buzz better than an arrogant ego who "gets it" and is always talkin down. Oh and by the way, nice head shot, did you mistake the buzz for match.com?
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009   #10

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Having gone back and gone through the grand canyon thread I've come to the conclusion that Eric is pretty damn funny.

signed, a non elite boater who would boat the sick drops in Greely if the tornado was close by to blow away the smell. I'd even so it in a trash bag dry top because that cow urine is pretty hard on the gaskets.