Summertime boating in Sonoma county

Anyone know of any good rivers within and hour or so

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Zach_Kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2016   #2

What side of town do you live on?

Zach, you're pretty vague with your posts. If you can prove you're a real paddling-human and not just playing around w algorithms, I'll tell you what you need to know, right here in this thread!
Hartje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016   #3

No it's okay the fact that you assume I'm something just from a text I don't need anything from you I appreciate your comment though it was very helpful for what I asked

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2016   #4

San Jose, CA, California
Paddling Since: 1998
Dream Flows

Dreamflows Realtime Report

This is a website you may want to check out.
buckmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016   #5

Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 2012
It would help with responses to know what state you are in. I know of a Sonoma County in CA, but this the Mountain Buzz, which means you likely are in another state.

What type of boater are you? Are you a whitewater boater, and if so, what class of water do you feel comfortable in?

If you are in CA, you might find something useful at A Wet State - A Guide to Whitewater Kayaking
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016   #6

Yes Ca and whitewater or flat water just any water I wanna know some places to travel and just get out and paddle

Old 06-06-2016   #7

Zach, it sucks being a boater in this day when information is so hard to come by... try flagging down people when you see boats on top of cars and ask them about their favorite put ins and take outs. You might go hang out at a paddle shop, where paddlers congregate to watch VCR tapes of all the best runs. Some towns have local pubs, that are known boater hangouts, buy a round and maybe someone can show you the ropes. Paddle shops also usually sell guidebooks, your home state of California has a particularly timeless one, in fact one of its authors grew up in Sonoma. A gazetteer map is handy for locating roads and to get your bearings on drainages.

If only there was some other resource available to help you with finding good info on boating. Like some kind of research service that searches guidebook information for you. Maybe in the future when we have flying cars such a thing will exist, but for now look for me tooling down the road and wave, I have a pink Infinity kayak, which is kind of like a Dancer but way sportier.
Old 06-06-2016   #8
Mut

GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Mountain Buzz Douche bags at their best, Buckmanriver excepted. The guy asked about some rivers to kayak...on a fucking kayaking forum.

Bystandard his user name is Zack KAYAK, what type of boater do you think he is? What other Sonoma Counties are there? (Unless you are a total fucking idiot you know where Sonoma is...)

Hartje "if you can show me you are a human I'll tell you what you need to know..." Zack appears to be real. You appear to be real too, a real douche bag. If you know rivers in the area you could have simply posted a few of them, but no, you are way to douchy to do that. Instead you write a stupid response of veiled sarcasm. Fuck you.

Zack, I don't know any rivers in Sonoma but I was hoping someone other than douche bag 1 and douche bag 2 above had chimed in and listed one or two. Good luck.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016   #9

Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mut View Post
Mountain Buzz Douche bags at their best, Buckmanriver excepted. The guy asked about some rivers to kayak...on a fucking kayaking forum.

Bystandard his user name is Zack KAYAK, what type of boater do you think he is? What other Sonoma Counties are there? (Unless you are a total fucking idiot you know where Sonoma is...)

Hartje "if you can show me you are a human I'll tell you what you need to know..." Zack appears to be real. You appear to be real too, a real douche bag. If you know rivers in the area you could have simply posted a few of them, but no, you are way to douchy to do that. Instead you write a stupid response of veiled sarcasm. Fuck you.

Zack, I don't know any rivers in Sonoma but I was hoping someone other than douche bag 1 and douche bag 2 above had chimed in and listed one or two. Good luck.
He could be a flat water river and lake boater, or a whitewater kayaker, or a sea kayaker. He could be a class 2, 3, 4 or 5 boater. He gave us absolutely nothing to go on. As it turns out, he's either a flat water boater, or maybe class 2 (he never did answer that question).

With many counties, there are often numerous states with a county or city of the same name. It's definitely worth mentioning unless on a CA site.

I might add that I was the only one to give a site with rivers in his region.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016   #10

sorry Mut, didn't mean to offend you with my sarcasm.

I've given out all kinds of info on forums in the past, in this one and others, but in these days of shills posing as people they aren't in order to steer internet content I've toughened my requirements for sharing information. I enjoy helping people with their SEO efforts, I recently did so a few months ago in this very forum. This is why I told Zach I'd give him a detailed write up of EXACTLY what he was looking for, right here in this thread. I just wanted him to share a little more information first, which he failed to do. A person can at least get creative--or at least speak from their heart--when asking others to spend their time helping them and giving out info. The offer is still on the table Zach...

Now maybe I'm wrong and Zach is just a man of few (very few) words, or maybe a high school kid, well then that is what it is and I hope he has a thick skin, and maybe he learns something about asking for information. We'll likely never know, because he isn't very specific.

Mut, if you're such a supporter of Zach, why don't you help him out with his question? The information he's looking for is in the above posted links, seems you just wanted to get online and call someone a douche.