STOP!! ESCALANTE NOT - NOT - RUNNING! JOKE! - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-24-2009   #1

STOP!! ESCALANTE NOT - NOT - RUNNING! JOKE!

I posted a very stupid joke thread that I thought would get a glance and laugh or two because it was so impossible and unlikely.

I am so sorry if it has caused anyone to change their plans or actually go - I could have never imagined anyone leaping before looking - especially right now when Escalante running is basically impossible unless it was a total flash flood.

Anyway. STOP. That shit is dry as a bone!

RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2009   #2

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
It's funny to me that a BS thread was started by someone named "RealityCheck".
Old 10-24-2009   #3

Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
Jokes are funny, you aren't

Hey RealityCheck, someone needs to give you a RealityCheck upside your head.

Just stop posting bro. No one cares about your lame attempt at humor.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2009   #4

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
HA HA

You could have at least hung out above the fin and took pictures of devastated look on peoples faces. I can't believe anyone could have bought it. All it did was remind me how great it will feel next spring.
swimteam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #5

x, x
Paddling Since: x
Are you sure? I saw a thread someone said it was on?

We're going down from Ft collins in the AM if anyone wants to jump in we have room for 1 more. Leaving early though so pm with interest.

bob

(just kidding)
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #6

Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
I for one thought it was pretty funny. If people could not spend the time to open the thread, that's too bad for them if their panties got bunched up.
ZGjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #7

Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
So I called up my neighbor today and said "dude your house is on fire! there are fire trucks everywhere!" oh man it was so funny, I totally got him good! Great joke.

Ok so not quite the same but my point is...it's not a joke, it's not even a bad joke, it's just a weird made up story.

Funny is getting on your hands and knees behind someone while your buddy pushes them over. Funny is watching Caspermike swimming in the Gnarrows race. Funny is seeing some kid trying to hit a pinata and instead hits his dad in the crotch. Speaking of Caspermike...this is also pretty funny:

Originally Posted by caspermike
im giong to knock you both out in whiteline, steal your boats and S.U.P. both of your cracked ass jefes to finish line, like a pair of gay ass roller skates.

It's really not that big of a deal, I don't think anyone really bought it, just bring your "A" game when you decide to be a self proclaimed funny man.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #8

Gunnison, Colorado
RealityCheck, don't beat yourself up about it. I thought it was pretty good. I just wish I coulda seen people's faces when they saw the title. haha. Good job, way to add a little spice to the buzz.
riverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #9
H2 Hoes

Kayak, Colorado
We were able to get 2 laps in this morning it was pretty boney but worth the drive
Old 10-25-2009   #10

x, x
Paddling Since: x
I know a guy who said his kid was in a balloon a few weeks ago, but it turned out he was in the attic.

I think the penalties here should be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
So I called up my neighbor today and said "dude your house is on fire! there are fire trucks everywhere!" oh man it was so funny, I totally got him good! Great joke.

Ok so not quite the same but my point is...it's not a joke, it's not even a bad joke, it's just a weird made up story.

Funny is getting on your hands and knees behind someone while your buddy pushes them over. Funny is watching Caspermike swimming in the Gnarrows race. Funny is seeing some kid trying to hit a pinata and instead hits his dad in the crotch. Speaking of Caspermike...this is also pretty funny:

Originally Posted by caspermike
im giong to knock you both out in whiteline, steal your boats and S.U.P. both of your cracked ass jefes to finish line, like a pair of gay ass roller skates.

It's really not that big of a deal, I don't think anyone really bought it, just bring your "A" game when you decide to be a self proclaimed funny man.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote