Stolen Kayak and Gear! - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-23-2007   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Stolen Kayak and Gear!

On Saturday night I had my car broken into and had all of my kayak stuff stolen out of my driveway. Most of the stuff has my name on it. Please keep an eye out for any of the stolen goods.

Thank you,
Taylor

-Orange Pyranha 420 M-L
-AT3 black with yellow around the blades
-IR Skirt
-IR Orange Shorty size XXL
-Bomber Gear Red Dry Top
-Waist throw bag
-Astral L-XL rescue PFD
-Grey Sweet Strutter Helmet Size L
-Blue North Face Sleeping Bag

...yea I got fuckin' cleaned out

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007   #2

Durango, Colorado
Nothing yet!

I still have not found a single piece of gear yet. Please keep an eye out. It was stolen on Rio Vista Cir on the north side of Durango.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2007   #3

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Sorry your gear was stolen....that totally sucks. My wife had all of her gear stolen while in Ecuador. At least you can replace it (although it does cost a pretty penny). I will keep an eye out.

BUT--with all the stolen gear, do you think one boater got his gear stolen, then was filled with rage and pissed that he couldn't buy new gear that he stole another boaters gear and the problem propagates? Break the trend.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007   #4

karma?

Bummer to hear about the rip-off. Maybe you'll think twice the next time you're tempted to post something like you did on this thread:

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f14/ruby-horsethief-put-in-bad-scene-6404.html
Old 07-30-2007   #5

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Now that's irony at its finest!

Or maybe I don't know CARMA!
stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #6
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
yep, you got yer shit kiefed cause yer a city pussy...
nah, I wouldn't wish that on even somebody from wash park.

Seriously though, where do folks think that all the thieved gear is ending up? They've got to be selling it somewhere, seems like Ebay is a bit too obvious & high profile, craigslist seems about the same. Where would be the places to look for stolen gear (you know I'm trying to find some good deals!!)

It has got to be one of the most enraging feelings to have your gear stolen & have nobody to focus it on. Good luck, hope you run across the guy selling it & kick the living shit outta him.
Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #7

California Canoe and Kayak Oakland California
Send a message via MSN to Parkito
Now I'm a big believer in forgiveness, but this is my favorite thread ever. Hard to feel sorry for you man.
Parkito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #8
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
It's called talking smack. It happens on the forum here. A little tongue in cheek. Sow now for mine. All you douche bags who feel no empathy or have no sympathy go F&^k yourself. As for my bro's boating gear... he and his wife had their cars broken into. Would you wish that on anyone?
Old 07-31-2007   #9

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendodendo View Post
It's called talking smack. It happens on the forum here. A little tongue in cheek. Sow now for mine. All you douche bags who feel no empathy or have no sympathy go F&^k yourself. As for my bro's boating gear... he and his wife had their cars broken into. Would you wish that on anyone?

Your right! It is called talking smack. . . I think that is what everyone is doing on this post, wouldn't you agree? I think it sucks that he had all his gear stolen, but I also think his ruby post was going against exactly what you preach. He obviously was callous and tactless enough to make a smart ass comment when someone was pretty bummed out (just cause your witty and funny doesn't mean you have to be all the time). Why is it any different now? Cause he's your bro and he boats class V?
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #10

Durango, Colorado
Damn, I guess you got me there. My appoligize to the brocolliboy. (you still shouldn't boat flat water)

Johnnywater- I am not sure if that is aimed at me but I would never imagine stealing anyone equipment of any kind.

City Pussy? Wash Park? Is Durango now considered a city? Is wash park in reference to our play park? Empire? Looks like another truck stop on I-70. It's cool Durango sucks, don't visit.

I am interested in where this stolen stuff is going. I have contacted all pawn shops and paddle shops with a flyer with pictures of all my stuff in Durango area and New Mexico. I think it was kids that just tossed the stuff. If you are familiar with Rio Vista Cir, there is no less than 7 kayaks laying in lawns at any one time. I know, I have recently been counting.

Thanks for the backup brendo, I will touch base with you when I get back from Chile in September.

Tags
kayaking