steamboat springs pool sessions or clinics??? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 02-16-2008   #1

all over colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
steamboat springs pool sessions or clinics???

is there any pool sessions or clinics in or around steamboat area that i can attened?? need to work on the roll. anyways if anyone knows anything just let me know also in need of kayaking buddies.

mtnkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008   #2

Lakewood, Colorado
Yo! I called the rec center and they don't start pool sessions until mid-April. I don't know about Strawberry Park. The big pool there is freakin cold right now. The town run opened up a bit in the last week and looks floatable...

Also in need of kayak buds. I moved up here last summer, solid class III boater with some class IV under my belt and looking to step it up again this year. Lower Elk, lower Fish, Willow(?), and Cross Mtn. are on the list.
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #3

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ricohone
Hello, are you guys willing to take on a beginner?
My daughter wants to learn. She will be here Memorial Day weekend, and then spending the summer up here. I have a kayak, it is a pyranha 211, but at this time none of the gear she will need.
Thanks for your thoughts,
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnkayaker View Post
is there any pool sessions or clinics in or around steamboat area that i can attened?? need to work on the roll. anyways if anyone knows anything just let me know also in need of kayaking buddies.
Ricohone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpowhound View Post
Yo! I called the rec center and they don't start pool sessions until mid-April. I don't know about Strawberry Park. The big pool there is freakin cold right now. The town run opened up a bit in the last week and looks floatable...

Also in need of kayak buds. I moved up here last summer, solid class III boater with some class IV under my belt and looking to step it up again this year. Lower Elk, lower Fish, Willow(?), and Cross Mtn. are on the list.
Im pretty cozy playboating Cross @ 2500 cfs, never been on fish or willow. Lower elk is crankin and I bet theres some good surfing.
I'm a weekend warrior right now . Also need to replace a head gasket in my truck but should be good to go this weekend.
Find a friend who has access to a condo, Whistler pool is always warm.
If you need someone to boat with shoot me an email @

[email protected]
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
Im pretty cozy playboating Cross @ 2500 cfs, never been on fish or willow. Lower elk is crankin and I bet theres some good surfing.
I'm a weekend warrior right now . Also need to replace a head gasket in my truck but should be good to go this weekend.
Find a friend who has access to a condo, Whistler pool is always warm.
If you need someone to boat with shoot me an email @

[email protected]
Any interest in Lower Elk after work? I'm heading to Paddlefest this weekend and possibly to the Piedra sometime this week. I ticked off Cross a few weeks ago, although it was only flowing 1k.

Jon--I would be happy to help you out. Take a roll class or two and I'll take you down the town run. I'm good at chasing boats NRS has some good deals on last years dry and semi-dry tops right now. Backdoor may have some of them but I didn't see any last time I was there. WRSI makes a nice, safe, inexpensive helmet. You'll need a skirt too. I've only ever had a Harmony LC1 and it's been good to me. Backdoor on 9th & Yampa has everything you'll need.

josh
[email protected]
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #6

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ricohone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpowhound View Post
Any interest in Lower Elk after work? I'm heading to Paddlefest this weekend and possibly to the Piedra sometime this week. I ticked off Cross a few weeks ago, although it was only flowing 1k.

Jon--I would be happy to help you out. Take a roll class or two and I'll take you down the town run. I'm good at chasing boats NRS has some good deals on last years dry and semi-dry tops right now. Backdoor may have some of them but I didn't see any last time I was there. WRSI makes a nice, safe, inexpensive helmet. You'll need a skirt too. I've only ever had a Harmony LC1 and it's been good to me. Backdoor on 9th & Yampa has everything you'll need.

josh
[email protected]
Josh, Thank you for your response.
I will be doing some roll classes in the next couple of weeks, so will my daughter, and I will get back with you after we do that.
I would love to do the town run with you. Good to hear that you are a good boat chaser, might be a skill you will need with us. \

I know Backdoor Sports, and will support them for my gear needs, though I am looking for good used stuff since I am getting two of everything. My daughter is really wanting to learn this, just like me. I hope to have everything we need in the next month.
Thanks again for your help,

Jon
Ricohone is offline   Reply With Quote