SSV was great last night... - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-12-2004   #1

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
SSV was great last night...

A little boney but at 160, she was a fast and furious mama jama...

Season could be short on this one this season, so get on 'er while the gettin's good ya'll.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2004   #2

marty, your insane. I have to disagree. We ran it tonight and I thought that it kind of sucked. We were able to run everything, but it wasn't all that pretty because there were too many F you rocks. I think my bottom cut off is about 190. Just my opinion.

Marty, are you still making those Craw packs? I'm interested... Give me a call 303-918-7546
Old 05-13-2004   #3

HA HA...

Like I said "A little boney". But would agree with you completely that the FU factor is pretty hiliarious. I blew a ton of (what started as) good lines because of those damn things.

Gotta admit though, it is a blast in there.

I have gotten requests for about 10 of those kayak carriers in the past 3 days. I sold the 30 I made last season... I am going to look into building some more this week. Gotta get a name for them. If you have any idea of a good name let me know.

Late
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2004   #4

Yeah, I think the extra 30-40 cfs in there really cleans it up. It gets rid of the FU rocks, and makes a lot more lines clean because you are able to boof over more of the rocks. Also cleans up a few landings. I do have to agree though, for techincal fun and fast creek boating SSV is one of the best on the front range.

Any chance you will have some packs done by Friday, around mid-day? I've been hiking every weekend this year, and my shoulders are starting to kill me.

names...hmm...

The Reach Around
Shoulder Saver (SS)
Operation Huck
Epic Access
Topo Hike
First D
Upper Cherry
Cali

Or...The Ultimate Backcountry Sex Swing! Kayak accesories included...
Old 05-13-2004   #5

You are hilarious... Don't be surprised if one of those names sticks!!!

I am particularly partial to "Epic Access" but the "Reach around" is fricken killing me right now. Thanks for the good morning chuckle.

I will look into it today, depending on available materials I should be able to get some done by Friday.

Check in with me later this week. 303-517-2621

Dominate
Old 05-13-2004   #6
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
unfortunately, mike harvey already has "the reacharound" registered & protected. reliable sources confirm he developed that move - and consequently the brand name - years ago when he was a boy scout camp counselor in duluth, minnesota ... see recent mtbuzz photos for further supporting evidence.

as for names for your contraption ... with a nod to horse & burro outfitters whom we'd love to hire for help, but cannot due to lack of funds, hence carrying the boat ... i am partial to: "my little pony" or any creative name using "ass-hull" ("ass", as in "ass" or donkey) yeah ... anyway ....

kyle, please pick up 2 of these things & i'll pay you for one of them when we meet up on friday. (if i like the price)
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #7
DP/ Cinematographer

DP - cinematographer brookaitken.com, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
Creekers, Cutch

since when did your wrist become class V ready Kyle? Thanks for passing me on the road to SSV and no call. Beeotch when U in my hood ya betta ask somebody!!!

-BA
Old 05-13-2004   #8

Technically the wrist hasn't become class V material. But I haven't screwed any lines up too bad yet... I still can't throw a flatwater cartwheel, it sucks.

Oh, and I didn't call you because we were doing something called "creeking" biatch. Don't worry though, I pinned more times than I boofed. Are you going to the comp tonight?