Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
SSV up to 230

Looks like the SSV is up to 230 cfs?

baguaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2007   #2

The gauge is linked wrong on the eddyflower page. The correct gauge ishttp://www.dwr.state.co.us/SurfaceWater/data/detail_graph.aspx?ID=SVCLYOCO&MTYPE=DISCHRG minus whatever NSV contains.
Old 03-24-2007   #3

Denver, Colorado
The gauge for SSV is setup correctly (SVCPLACO-LYODIVCO).

(221-0) = 221 cfs
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2007   #4

Hey Paul, I think the gauge that I've always used is the SAINT VRAIN CREEK AT LYONS, CO but I could be wrong. This is currently reading 129, and the NSV gauge isn't working right now.

I could be wrong, and I hope so, because the reason I started looking was because I want to go asap if it is going. Does anyone else know? Marty, Matt?
Old 03-24-2007   #5

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Link is wrong. Cutch is right. The current gauge being used (SVCPLACO) on eddyflower to subtract NSV from is out on the plains east of I-25. The correct gauge to subtract the NSV flow from is the St. Vrain at Lyons gauge (SVCLYOCO). The gist is SSV ain't runin'.

The NSV gauge in Lyons (the one used to subtract from the main St. Vrain flow to estimate SSV) is down and I think when DWR updated their website they changed the name or worse, may have taken the gauge off-line.
LYODIVCO is the town of Lyons diversion gauge not the NSV at Lyons gauge. I'm not sure what happened to the NSV at Lyons gauge but until it becomes clear which gauge is reading NSV at Lyons, an accurate estimate for SSV is going to be hard to come by. But - if the St. Vrain at Lyons gauge is reading 500 cfs or over (May/June) then SSV very likely to be running.

Kind of confusing but for right now all you need to know is that between both the north and the south forks combined there is only 143 cfs, i.e. not enough.
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #6

Denver, Colorado
Replaced SVCPLACO with SVCLYOCO, she should be good to go. Thanks for the feedback! Keep me posted on the NSV gauge in Lyons. If you notice any other Saint Vrain gauge changes let me know.
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #7
DP/ Cinematographer

DP - cinematographer brookaitken.com, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
Paul, so is there a quick link to the combination of both SSV's and the tunnel that comes over from the BiG T so we can see what October hole is running?

tnks
Old 03-25-2007   #8

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
This is the link to the NCWCD flow out of the culvert that feeds the O-hole.. http://www.ncwcd.org/datareports/flowdata.asp?sid=4021
...this should be added to the gage (SAINT VRAIN) below the A-hole and that's a good approximation to the O-hole........Not sure that Paul (eddyflower) can convert the NCWCD gage and do the auto combine....but that would be sweet.. (paul?).................Arn and I have talked about setting up a webcam..........(bring it on wise crackers). Does anyone have experience with this....???
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote