SpraySkirt blowing off H3 issue - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-14-2005   #1

engineer
SpraySkirt blowing off H3 issue

Thought I would ping the group for some advice. I have an H3, and the spray skirt has blown off it a few times while rolling. Hasn’t been a real issue until last night.

The skirt is a Wlid Wasser small tunnel, super cockpit (ELDO XT). The H3 cockpit is longer than most boats, and the spray skirt is difficult to get on at first (tight). The H3 has a dip in the cockpit about mid length, and I believe this is where it comes off.

1) Is there a recommended skirt for this boat?

2) Any ideas on how to fix.

The tunnel is a bit small for me, but not sure if this has anything to do with the issue?

Thanks in advance..

PEACE

bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2005   #2

Its problably too small for the H3 which has a cockpit larger\longer than most. I'd bet the skirt's band isn't securing itself around the cockpit rim.

I have Perception LC1 that barely fits my H3, and that's a rather loose fitting skirt on other boats.
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #3

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Get a skirt designed for that boat. I had a friend whose skirt blew about 1/3 time on landing Gorilla. He got a new skirt and no more problems. If yours is blowing while rolling, you definitely need a different one.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2005   #4

engineer
Yes, it is obvious I need a new skirt..

Now, which one ???
Old 06-14-2005   #5

Wydaho, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1996
I purchased a Bomber Gear K-Bomb for my H3 last year and like it--no issues yet except when I didn't put it on all the way.......
dvanhouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #6

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
I'll remember to use that line in the future.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #7

engineer
Maybe I should of added the detail that the current skirt is new. The issue isnt an old worn out skirt, just seems to be a bad fit.....
Old 06-14-2005   #8

I have used a moutain surf large keyhole with my H3 with no problems. The mountain surf takes some muscle to get on, but stays put...

Kate
kayakingkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #9

Get a Snapdragon Large tunnel (large is the same as standard). I've used this skirt w/ H3 and its never blown... always been great.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #10

Ditto on the Snapdragon Large size. Just fit it in the groove in the back, on it goes and on it stays!!
Mark Sgt is offline   Reply With Quote