South Fork Merced in June???? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-12-2006   #1

South Fork Merced in June????

yo, anyone out there know if the merced V run (i think the s. fork) goes in mid-late june? anyone run it at that time?
thanks,
trey

ology is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2006   #2

legend
trey, you are the biggest pussy. there is no way you are running that shit.

Are you talking about the run that we scouted? That is the Merced Gorge. The south merced is a multiday epic. Don't know when it runs though.
N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #3

It started rollin' mid-may last year w/ a similar snowpack. Those who I spoke with expected it to go for a while. Sorry I can't be more specific.
routter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2006   #4

im talking about the south fork multi day.
nate b plans to link the nose of el cap and the s. fork in 24 hours.
he is a sick sick man...I'm filming it for a movie called (of course) 'the link-up'
Old 04-12-2006   #5

I've run the S. Merced in mid-May, and on a normal year I bet late June is too late? Who knows about this year though. Optimal flow is around 1100 cfs, in my opinion. If you are as big a pussy as N. Wigston says you better bring your walkin' shoes cause it is the real deal. Good luck.

rasta
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #6

think june is too late even with this years snowpack?
Old 04-12-2006   #7

Mad Scientist/Creeker
God damn it's sweet to see rasta back and talkin' some shit. Let us do some boating my friend. Last fall my pops also said to say what's up. Better late than never. Let us bring this shit talkin' to boulder for the premier party May 1st. Maybe we can bring out some gloves Gauley style and set up a bantam featherweight between Safety Nick and Filmology.
Evan
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #8

Good to hear from ya Evan.

Yup, the doc is done with school, sheddin' the elbees, and (almost) ready to go. Until then might as well talk some smack, eh?

Saw your pops the other day and he told me about your project. Sounds sweet! Let's do some boatin'. A few days in the sun and the Gus is good to go again after that fateful day at the Max.

rasta

p.s. Enquiry at boof.com will get better S. Merced beta.
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote