South Boulder Creek - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-30-2007   #1

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
South Boulder Creek

It just came up....anyone know if there is enough water in the creek after the dam?

jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007   #2
CGM

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Look at the Eldo guage.
Old 07-30-2007   #3

unfortunately no, but then again it is desperation time. You can look at the Eldo gauge for the post damn stream flow. I have run it down to 75 cfs and that required some wheel-chairing.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007   #4

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by De la Boot View Post
unfortunately no, but then again it is desperation time. You can look at the Eldo gauge for the post damn stream flow. I have run it down to 75 cfs and that required some wheel-chairing.
what is a good flow for the eldo section?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #5

I have heard - not that I would do this myself, but people do boat down to the dam & then carry their boats out on the private property down to the park.

Last year or 2 years ago with similar flows there was at least one encounter with an enraged homeowner who did not appreciate kayakers walking on his piece of the private road.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #6

Golden, Colorado
I had no idea that road was private. Maybe that guy could spend 50 cents at Home Depot for a sign and put it on the upstream side of his property. He could put it along that PUBLIC looking road that the water department uses to maintain the dam. That guy probably didn't stop to think that from the upstream side, at a public utility...a 30 ft. dam... the road looks public.

That dumbass probably never thought of people coming from UP the hill. Kind of like the masturbators, hobos, etc. along the riverbank who you paddle up on suddenly. They always look so shocked that someone actually floats down that thing.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #7

Kind of like the masturbators, hobos, etc. along the riverbank who you paddle up on suddenly. They always look so shocked that someone actually floats down that thing.

Hence the name NNR Rapid on Boulder Creek. Hehe, I'm guessing Only 5 or 6 people in Colorado will know what NNR stands for...
Old 07-31-2007   #8

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Way doable, at 62 cfs. you will lose some plastic, but You can float out of there low. I personally did it at 38cfs once. Just think of it as part of the shuttle, not part of the run.

317 above is a decent level for most of the drops.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boulder, boulder creek