So this is a Bummer! - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-12-2008   #1

So this is a Bummer!

So,

Today on August 12th my wallet and some of our customer's wallets went missing on the Cache la Poudre River. We think that everything was in the van all day until our driver went to sent safety at Pinevue Falls. He would have been gone for only about 10 minutes. We always try to leave the doors locked when we set safety...today they were not.

We had a second car up in the same parking lot, but nothing was taken from that car.

If anyone has any info about a wallet that is James J. Jasinski or a fellow that goes by Mickey please drop me a line.

Hopefully we lost or wallets due to our own carelessness. If not I am sorry to say that there is a thief on the river and all boaters should take warning. The other said news is that only boaters tend to use this put-in. That means that this thief could be a boater.

I am one of the Managing Members of Poudre River Kayak & Canoe. I hope that nobody else has to go through this so keep your eyes up and report anything of like this to the NFS.

Thank you,

Jamie Jasinski

PRKCJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRKCJamie View Post
So,

Today on August 12th my wallet and some of our customer's wallets went missing on the Cache la Poudre River. We think that everything was in the van all day until our driver went to sent safety at Pinevue Falls. He would have been gone for only about 10 minutes. We always try to leave the doors locked when we set safety...today they were not.

We had a second car up in the same parking lot, but nothing was taken from that car.

If anyone has any info about a wallet that is James J. Jasinski or a fellow that goes by Mickey please drop me a line.

Hopefully we lost or wallets due to our own carelessness. If not I am sorry to say that there is a thief on the river and all boaters should take warning. The other said news is that only boaters tend to use this put-in. That means that this thief could be a boater.

I am one of the Managing Members of Poudre River Kayak & Canoe. I hope that nobody else has to go through this so keep your eyes up and report anything of like this to the NFS.

Thank you,

Jamie Jasinski
That really sucks. A few years back there was a serious problem up the canyon with theft. I haven't heard of any besides yours since. Bummer, hope you find them.

Jeff
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #3

Someone stole a cooler that was sitting next to a car and a boat at lower narrows Monday night. There was a person within 100 feet of it when it happened too, just down by the river, I couldn't believe it. I didn't think it was that big of a problem up there but I was wrong.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008   #4

After the reports of the mish/gnarrows racers, I wonder if there is some new riff between the mishmethheads and kayakers.

But it should be pretty easy to setup a 'sting ass whooping' operation on the thieves
mankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankster View Post
After the reports of the mish/gnarrows racers, I wonder if there is some new riff between the mishmethheads and kayakers.

But it should be pretty easy to setup a 'sting ass whooping' operation on the thieves
What happened between the Jedis and the wookies?
PRKCJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #6

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I believe it is detailed in this thread with the results:

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...age-20987.html
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote