Slaughterhouse??? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-04-2018   #1

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Slaughterhouse???

Anyone know if slaughterhouse is running?

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2018   #2

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Yes, low
onefatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
All the water that should be in Slaughterhouse is keeping Upper Lake Creek at a good level. 361 cfs coming through the tunnel this morning.

lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2018   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddler in the photo is Jared Cockley.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018   #5

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Yes thank you to the water projects that will, for better or worse, give us a very reasonable boating season on the Upper Ark after what was a bottom 5 dry water year over the last half century. We (locally speaking) are fortunate there was more snow just north of us, especially on the west side of the divide where the tunnels steal water up at the sources.
DoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018   #6

basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Slaughterhouse is running, but City of Aspen and Pitkin County just this week passed an emergency joint local ordnance, apparently enforceable by federal law that states, and I quote...
"No recreational or commercial watercraft shall navigate the Roaring Fork River from Stein Bridge to Jaffe Park for the immediate and foreseeable future. The only exception being a two-man or two-woman, or a man-woman combination powered hard shell whitewater kayak."
Crazy Govt. rules huh? I don't make them, I just follow them.
T-Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Boss View Post
Slaughterhouse is running, but City of Aspen and Pitkin County just this week passed an emergency joint local ordnance, apparently enforceable by federal law that states, and I quote...
"No recreational or commercial watercraft shall navigate the Roaring Fork River from Stein Bridge to Jaffe Park for the immediate and foreseeable future. The only exception being a two-man or two-woman, or a man-woman combination powered hard shell whitewater kayak."

Do you look at yourself in the mmirror while you make this shit up? I'll be out tomorrow afternoon.
mkashzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018   #8
over the horizon

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:

Ha Ha!!!

No.
BmfnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018   #9

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1978
Quote:
Mr. resident? Is this you simply making up more crazy shit to upset the citizenry??
JBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018   #10

Washington, DC, Washington, D.C.
Paddling Since: 2001
Slaughterhouse Level

Any chance the Slaughterhouse still has enough water? Iím in Aspen for the next week and would like to check it out, even if itís on the really low side.

Mike
Rufus Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote