Shred Ready Full Face? - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-28-2008   #1

Shred Ready Full Face?

so...i got one of these. a great helmet, and a great buy for those of us more thrifty....

however, i have only used it this season, and maybe have 30 days or so on it...and am noticing that the back rachet is starting to slip. it is kind of like a snowboard binding...with a mechanism to hold the strap to the tightened position via a line of wedges. - i have another SR helmet with a thing that you turn to tighten up, and seems to work much better.

at this point, i put the helmet on, tighten her up, and she always releases to a position that does hold, but not near as tight as i would like.

is anyone else having this problem, and is there a fix?

seems like a pretty serious design flaw to me.

S

Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008   #2

Winter Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kahn View Post
so...i got one of these. a great helmet, and a great buy for those of us more thrifty....

however, i have only used it this season, and maybe have 30 days or so on it...and am noticing that the back rachet is starting to slip. it is kind of like a snowboard binding...with a mechanism to hold the strap to the tightened position via a line of wedges. - i have another SR helmet with a thing that you turn to tighten up, and seems to work much better.

at this point, i put the helmet on, tighten her up, and she always releases to a position that does hold, but not near as tight as i would like.

S
i have the same helmet and same problem i figured where i wanted it and athletic taped it , a little harder to get on , but it does'nt slip anymore
backwoodsbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #3

Please contact

Hi Steve, or anyone else with similar issue. can you please contact me

tom
at shred ready dot com.
thanks
tom sherburne
shred ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kahn View Post

S
shredder is offline   Reply With Quote